R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Battery Drain

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
janderaz View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote janderaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Battery Drain
    Posted: 15 Oct 2022 at 11:26am
Thanks for the response Jato. My Wfco panel says the dc status is 13.0v. I pulled. The trailer into my 30amp outlet at home to see if it will charge up to full. Then will see once unplugged if it will hold the charge with the solar trickle charge. 
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2022 at 10:44am
Hopefully you have a multitester or voltmeter to check battery voltage.  A fully charged battery at rest will read 12.72 volts at 100% S.O.C.  Lead acid batteries should not be taken below 12.2 v  before being recharged for maximum life.  My oldest battery is over 11.5 years old and still performs well (I carry 2 batteries on my a-frame, the newest is a Trojan T-1275 and puts out 150 aH.

I hope your battery hasn't drained to 0, if so it will be toast, it will not hold a charge and will have to be replaced. 
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
janderaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote janderaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2022 at 10:08am
Hello, 
I am new to the forum and new to being an owner of a travel trailer Smile  I recently bought a 2023 Rpod 190, it has a solar panel that trickle charges the battery during the day. However, overnight the battery drains to zero and the solar panel beeps do to low battery. Then when the sun comes out the solar panel charges up the battery maybe 3/4 full but by the next morning the battery is drained again. 
Anyone else experience this issue?Ouch
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345