R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

water pump - Event Date: 07 Oct 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote hogone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: water pump
    Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 11:54am
Havent used my rpod all summer due to various circumstances.  I dewinterized early spring and all was good.  Plan on getting back in tune here real quick for the fall season, but decided to redrain everything so everything is fresh. Filled up tank, fired up the pump and it doesnt seem to be pressurizing.  It runs, but no air or water coming out of faucets.  Double checked all my valves, cleaned the screen (nothing really there), and double checked everything again.   Thoughts,   jpp
Jon & Pam
2013 RP177
2010 F150
2017 HD Streetglide
2009 HD Lowrider
CHEESEHEAD
Tars Tarkas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tars Tarkas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 2:20pm
No water anywhere?  Did you check the screen on the pump?  If you have one, have you checked the valve on the antifreeze hose to make sure the pump isn't sucking air from that?

I suppose you could have a clog on the water intake inside the tank.  Not sure what you'd need to do about that.  Maybe flush the tank a few times, using the tank drain on the bottom.  Not the low point drains.  I think it's a last resort, but you might have to unhook the intake hose at the pump and figure out a way to blow some air back into the tank from there.  I'm sure there's  check valve though, and I don't know where,

TT
2010 176
FJ Cruiser
hogone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hogone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 2:51pm
nope, no water anywhere...bummer!  Antifreeze hose valve is in correct direction.  Screen pump was perfectly clean/clear.  Will keep troubleshooting, thanks TT.  jpp
Jon & Pam
2013 RP177
2010 F150
2017 HD Streetglide
2009 HD Lowrider
CHEESEHEAD
gpokluda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gpokluda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 5:14pm
How long did you let the pump run? I know on ours the hot water tank has to fill before we start seeing water. We get some cold but we don't see any consistent pressure until the entire system is charged. That usually takes a few minutes. Best of luck.
Gpokluda
2017 Rpod 179(sold 2023)
2022 Escape 5.0TA
2022 Ford F150 4X4 3.5EB
Triumph T120
hogone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hogone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 5:29pm
theres no pressure out of the pump;   no air, no water spurts,  nothing spurting out of faucets which should be happening as usual even when filling hot water tank to purge.   gonna hook up direct water and power the lines.  jpp
Jon & Pam
2013 RP177
2010 F150
2017 HD Streetglide
2009 HD Lowrider
CHEESEHEAD
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 5:51am
Jon,  Try opening the siphon hose (as if you were winterizing with antifreeze) with a jug of water and see if it will suck up water; sounds like you have an air lock somewhere preventing the pump from charging the system.  I had that happen once, why I cannot explain but tried this and it worked. 
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
hogone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hogone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 6:34am
jato:  should I turn the bypass valves by the hot water tank as well like making believe Im winterizing?  Or just hook up the siphon hose an go as is?  jpp
Jon & Pam
2013 RP177
2010 F150
2017 HD Streetglide
2009 HD Lowrider
CHEESEHEAD
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 1:30pm
Just put the siphon hose in a jug of water  you don't need to set the water heater bypass valves in winter mode. All you're trying to do is get the pump primed. For whatever reason it's not able to self prime by drawing water from the fwt. The siphon hose set in a jug of water will be above the level of the pump which will make it easier for it to prime itself. 
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2022 at 2:50am
Jon, hopefully your pump is now primed?  Update?
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
hogone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hogone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2022 at 10:42am
nope, theres no suction from winterizing siphon hose!!!!  this is a bummer.  jpp
Jon & Pam
2013 RP177
2010 F150
2017 HD Streetglide
2009 HD Lowrider
CHEESEHEAD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>