R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Front corner delaminating 178

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Winterpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Front corner delaminating 178
    Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 10:21am
Just yesterday while setting up at a park I noticed the front corner (slide side) had pulled apart about 3 or 4 inches. My question is, I am still about 3 to4 hours from home,all highways. Will be safe to tow the trailer home so I can repair it there? Thanks for any supportCry
Winter pod
2013 R-Pod 178
2007 Silverato 1500 LT.
Trek Stash 8 29er hard tail
Old Town Kayak
pedwards2932 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pedwards2932 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 12:56pm
Here is the link where I did the repair on my 189 

It is fairly complicated to fix.  You may be able to duct tape it to temporarily hold it together to get it back home.
pedwards2932 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pedwards2932 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 1:00pm
Also once repaired you need to into getting outriggers to support the front corners so it won't happen again
Winterpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Winterpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 8:46pm
Thank you pedwards2932 for the reply. I will definitely look into getting the outriggers after I get the front and back together thanks again and thanks for duck tape it seems to be holding I will make it home OK
Winter pod
2013 R-Pod 178
2007 Silverato 1500 LT.
Trek Stash 8 29er hard tail
Old Town Kayak
valleycampers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote valleycampers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2023 at 11:47pm
I have a similar problem, I think, with a slight twist.  The sides of my  2014 178 are coming up and out of the lower trim edge.  This is happening on both the left and right side up front by the tongue end.  I tried to repair it by replacing the underside screws with roofing bolts and silicone caulk, to no avail. I'm scheduled to take it in to a Camping World for repairs but am now wondering if I should be taking it to an rPod factory near Portland, Or.  Any suggestions on how to proceed?  I'm not sure what outriggers are but I will ask whichever place I take it to.

Note:  These photos are slightly distorted by the pano photo technique.

valleycampers
seafans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote seafans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2023 at 10:55am
The R-pod factory on the West Coast is in Sheridan,OR.  Might be a good idea to give them a call to check on repairs. 
 Post Reply Post Reply