R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Window trim

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote LB Boozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Window trim
    Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 6:56pm
The rubber piece of trim/seal that runs vertically between the sliding window and the static window has shrunk on all 5 of the windows by about 2”.   Have searched for the replacement trim piece online and have not had any luck finding the correct piece.  Wounding if anyone out there has had a similar issue and found replacement. 

gpokluda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gpokluda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 7:45pm
Have you looked on etrailer.com? They seem to have a wide selection RV window weather strip. I doubt that Rpod windows are anything special or unique. 
Gpokluda
2017 Rpod 179(sold 2023)
2022 Escape 5.0TA
2022 Ford F150 4X4 3.5EB
Triumph T120
LB Boozer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote LB Boozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 10:03pm
I did try there as well as the other usual rv parts retailers and Amazon.  It is possible that another part fits in the channel, but I will have to wait a few days to fully remove and take a good look at the channel they press into.  I may try stretching the existing ones out after it rain this weekend.  Just thought someone else has replaced and could let me know where they sourced.
gpokluda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gpokluda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 3:35pm
Let us know what you find out. There's a good chance someone else on the forum is having the same issue. Good luck!
Gpokluda
2017 Rpod 179(sold 2023)
2022 Escape 5.0TA
2022 Ford F150 4X4 3.5EB
Triumph T120
LB Boozer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote LB Boozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 10:22pm
I gave up on the search and ended up applying some vinyl conditioner and stretching the trim.  Then applied dicor sealant.  Only time will tell if it holds, but will continue regular application of treatment in the future.
 Post Reply Post Reply