This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Used R-Dome and PapaQue Visor for Sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote juliamathew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Used R-Dome and PapaQue Visor for Sale
    Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 9:04pm
Hi everyone,

(Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this) I bought a used R-Pod 178 last year and have yet to use the R-Dome and Visor that came with it...I am interested in selling both! Asking $200 or best offer for the visor and $500 or best offer for the R-Dome! Can ship to you.

Thanks!!

-Julia
juliamathew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote juliamathew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 9:05pm
I should note the visors retail for $349 new and the R-Domes go for $400-450 on eBay! My prices include the cost of shipping.
jasonslyric805 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jasonslyric805 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2023 at 11:50am
Hi. Just checking to see if you still have the visor? Email me, cyndela@hotmail.com thank you!
juliamathew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote juliamathew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2023 at 12:48pm
Sorry, they’ve both been sold!!
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2023 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by jasonslyric805

Hi. Just checking to see if you still have the visor? Email me, cyndela@hotmail.com thank you!

Go to the campers flea market, at the bottom of this forum and post what you are looking for.  You might just find someone who wants to get rid of theirs.  It is a love hate thing with the rdomes.  We love ours, others hate them.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
JohnnyMac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JohnnyMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 11:44am
Originally posted by jato

Originally posted by jasonslyric805

Go to the campers flea market, at the bottom of this forum and post what you are looking for.  You might just find someone who wants to get rid of theirs.  It is a love hate thing with the rdomes.  We love ours, others hate them.
My (new to me) R-Pod 178 came with an Rdome. I haven't used it yet, but am looking forward to seeing how it works out. Can you offer any tips/tricks on setting it up, or how you use it? Do you use it as an enclosed outdoor room, or more for the awning application with the sides rolled up? Typically, how long does it take for you to set it up?  Thanx,...John
JonnyMac
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 4:18pm
The first time setting up was 45-50 minutes, the directions weren't the best IMHO.  Regardless after doing this for 12 years it takes 15 minutes solo (not including the lower bug screen - that is a test of patience by itself). We normally don't use the lower screen.  If this is your first time take your robertson screwdriver and make sure all the screws inside the keder rail are bottomed out, otherwise the channel on the dome will stick and make it laborious to pull through.  Also, the first time (each year) out I will spray a light coat of silicone inside the keder rail, makes pulling the plastic channel on the dome quite easy.  If you have 2 people this is the one place where I could utilize a 2nd person to help.  One to feed the plastic channel into the keder and the other pulling the plastic channel to the other side.  If you are doing this solo, as I usually do, simply lay the whole dome out straight so that when you begin to pull the plastic through the keder you aren't fighting the rest of the dome as you pull it to the other side.  Keep door shut and hand rail in during this process.  Some people utilize a step stool doing this.  I am 5'10" and am tall enough to pull it far enough to get it to when I stand on the step to go in our 177 I can reach it and continue to pull to the other side. 

Once that is done assemble your long radial pole (it must be 24' long or so) and slide that in the opening.  There are a couple black straps to snap together along the outside edge of the dome, stick one end of the pole you just assembled into each end (you will find a metal ring with a hole inside).  Next grab the 3 adjustable white poles, stick the ball end into the plastic receptacles  on the dome, on the other end insert into the openings where you can see the metal pole.  The middle one, being the highest can give you fits unless you have a stepstool or ladder UNLESS you insert that one first (on the outside side of the dome before doing the other two poles.  Stretch it until the top of the dome material is taught, then do the same with the other two poles.  Set your stakes, you are good to go. 

As an example, last year we went on a month long trip to CO, UT, and AZ.  For 1 or 2 nights we don't set it up but for 3 days or longer we do.  It serves as a multipurpose room, protecting us or our road bikes from the elements if it rains, if the sun is very hot it offers shade.  You have many options as far as which flaps go up, which stay down.  Often we will even unzip the whole outer side so it is open and we can enjoy the spectacular view, we did that when in Rocky Mountain National Park (Moraine campground), North Rim, Grand Canyon as well as other campgrounds along the way.  Often times when putting it away, it is wet so asap once arriving at your next destination open it up and hang it up to dry thoroughly, otherwise you know what damp mildew smells like.Big smile
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
 Post Reply Post Reply