R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

12v Inverter for TV recommendation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote npalumbo89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12v Inverter for TV recommendation
    Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 8:33am
Im looking to get a new tv for the bedroom of the 2022 190 but RV TVs are old tech and clunky. Im considering a 24in to 32in smart tv. The problem is that none of them are 12v powered so ill need an inverter to use with the 12v socket in the bedroom. Has anyone done something similar and if so which inverter did you or would you go with?

Ive got a dewalt 150w inverter currently but not sure if that's enough for the standard 32 in TV. I haven't purchased the new tv and the listing on bestbuy doesn't list the power rating and consumption numbers.

Thanks in advance
Nicholas Palumbo
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 9:44am
I have, and a 150W inverter should be sufficient. However, until you can see the specifications for the TV (check the manufacturer's online documentation), you won't know for sure. I use a small one with the stock TV and it works okay. However, when we are traveling, TV isn't high on our priority list so it does not get used much.

Edit: I have used a BESTEK 150 Watt inverter, model # MRI1515FU. It is rated 150 Watt, 200 Watt Max power, 300 Watt Peak power.

When you get the information about the TV, the box for mine says to take the maximum wattage, add 10% to that. Use that total to make sure the inverter you have will support that.

If it only lists voltage and amperage, use the formula P=I*E or Watts = Volts times Amps.

I found a web site with some information:

From that site:

Not all TVs use the same amount of power. Assuming all of the following are 32-inch TVs, they will each have the following approximate wattages:

LED: 30-55 watts
LCD: 50-70 watts
OLED: 60 watts
CRT: 120 watts

So, your 150W inverter should have the ability to run a 32" television.

Now some might say that you need a pure sine wave inverter. I have not had problems with the BESTEK, even though it does not claim to be a pure sine wave inverter.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
npalumbo89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote npalumbo89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 8:46am
Awesome! thank you so much for the detailed response. 
Nicholas Palumbo
 Post Reply Post Reply