R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

2022 Rpod 190 LP Fridge F code (resolved)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote npalumbo89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2022 Rpod 190 LP Fridge F code (resolved)
    Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 7:17am
Good morning and I hope someone can help. I’m in a new 2022 Rpod 190 and the LP mode on the norcold fridge does not seem to work. I see an F code on the screen. I flipped the breaker off and on and can here it trying to ignite but nothing seems to happen and the F pops on the display. Is there anything I can easily do to fix this? Im setup on a non electric site unfortunately.
Nicholas Palumbo
Rpod-Couple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rpod-Couple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 8:55am
Couple things to try: make sure the valve at the propane tank is open (turned fully to the left/anti-clockwise)  Second, light the burner on your stove top. The burner makes sure gas is flowing and fills the line. Once your stove top lights, retry the fridge propane button.  If your stovetop won’t light you may have a problem with the gas valve, hoses, or no propane in the tank.
Steve & Elaine
2021 R-pod
2023 VW Atlas Cross Sport
npalumbo89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote npalumbo89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 9:05am
Thank you for the tip. I’ll give it a try!
Nicholas Palumbo
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 11:50am
Nicolas

I see you posted resolved.  Let us know how or what you did to resolve the issue.  Thanks
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
npalumbo89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote npalumbo89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 2:15pm
I ended up finding the manual after digging through all of my paperwork and it suggested that for the fault code F to open all of the propane valves to verify propane is flowing and then shut the unit off and power cycle and let the unit try to ignite after being powered on. After doing this three times the pilot light finally lit and the unit cleared the fault code.
Nicholas Palumbo
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 6:36pm
Good to remember this when it comes time to changing out the propane tank.  Light the stove first, it will take 12-15 seconds to clear air out of the lines.  After that you can light the fridge on propane, usually will take 5 or 6 attempts before it will light as the air will need to be purged out of that line as well.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
 Post Reply Post Reply