R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

pod 178 entry door issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Jackrh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pod 178 entry door issue
    Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 5:05pm
Anyone know where I can buy a replacement door, somehow, mine is moving side to side within the frame. When closing the door, you can watch the door pull away from the frame. This has caused an adjustment issue. Had to remove the striker plate, just to open and close the door. I have lubricated the hinges several times, It does not help. I just don't know any other way to remedy the issue.
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 7:04pm
If you can find an RV Parts and Accessory catalogue you will probably find what you are looking for.  There are 5 different ones to pick from ranging in price from $ 450 - $600.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 7:10pm
It sounds like the screws holding the hinges to the door are loose. If you can't tighten them, then try removing them, filling the holes then re-drilling and re-installing the screws. It would be a lot less expensive than buying a new door. If you can find some Tri-Flow or other lubricant containing Teflon, that may help. with lubricating the hinges. Neither silicone nor WD-40 do that much good.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Jackrh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jackrh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 7:18pm
Screws were the first thing I checked when the issue started. I have had several campers over the years, all fifth wheels, this is the smallest unit we have ever had, so far the most issues also.
David and Danette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 9:20pm
With our Vista Cruiser the previous owner damaged frame of door somehow and the door would jam when trying to close. I used a sledge hammer and a block of wood and hit the hinges to straighten them and the frame of the door opposite the hinge side. The door now is a perfect fit opens and closes with no problem and is air and water tight. Not sure of the problem you are having but this might give you some ideas how to fix it.
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 9:43pm
If the screws are tight, then as stated in the post above, the hinges might be bent enough to cause the binding. The friction hinges can get stiff enough that the metal will bend. 
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
 Post Reply Post Reply