This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Camping Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

My 19,000 mile, 87 day road trip

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My 19,000 mile, 87 day road trip
    Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 5:53pm
Since my wife doesn't drive, she never even notices stuff like that.  We did buy some walkie-talkies and she's getting the hang of telling me to stop before I back into a rock or a small child.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
gpokluda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gpokluda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 7:53pm
We've been fortunate to never get in a situation like that, although we have been boxed in by folks who fill up then go inside the convenience store do a weeks worth of shopping and use the restroom. We do carry an empty 5gallon gas container in the event we have to shuttle fuel to the TV but have never had to do that. 
Gpokluda
2017 Rpod 179(sold 2023)
2022 Escape 5.0TA
2022 Ford F150 4X4 3.5EB
Triumph T120
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GlueGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 11:49am
The day we picked up our Rpod, I was immediately not happy with the trailer brake controller (TBC) that the RV dealer had installed. It was screwed to a bracket that bumped my right knee. We had let them install it, as they had promoted it as being "plug-n-play". We assumed (incorrectly) that it was the OEM TBC from Ford. It was not.

As there was a Ford dealer just a few blocks from the Rpod dealer, we decided to pull into the Ford dealer parking lot and see if we could just pick up a TBC from them.

What we had not anticipated was that the Ford dealer parking lot was JAMMED and NARROW! Oh my! I feel happy that we got out of that lot without banging anything up.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 12:03pm
What I get a kick out of when towing is the guy in the car who pulls up nose to nose with you while your filling up at a gas pump and then expects you to back up for him when he wants to leave.   
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
anniefranz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote anniefranz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 9:57am
We recently bought our 180.  I had a 16 Scamp that followed the TV perfectly.  This is taking some getting used to with the necessary wide turns.  But we can stand up staight and stretch out in the bed and bath!  Totally worth it!

Anne
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 2:16pm
My worst experience was pulling into a narrow lot thinking that there would be a connecting road that would allow us to go out. It took many minutes of minutes of back and forth to be able to turn around in that lot without running into buildings, trees, other cars, etc. It was not quite miraculous that we got out of that unscathed, but it was close.

Welcome and congratulations Annie! I hope you have many fun adventures and make many great memories with your RPod.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12