R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

New LP pigtail seizes up regulator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote poohbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New LP pigtail seizes up regulator
    Posted: 25 Jul 2022 at 12:09pm
Hello. My pigtail started leaking so I installed a new one. Now no gas flow to the trailer. I’ve swapped bottles opened lines then stove but just no pressure in the system. Is something likely dislodged and blocking the regulator?

Thank you.

Bill
2016 179 Gastropod
2017 Ridgeline
campman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote campman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2022 at 1:12pm
Hello poohbill.

I haven't run across this particular issue before, but after thinking about it, could the new regulator be faulty/bad? It wouldn't be the first time I have had something new fail.

You stated you swapped bottles...have you fully closed the regulator on the bottle, heard a click in the regulator? The regulators usually have a safety built in, if the regulator senses a high flow situation it restricts or shuts off propane flow till you turn the tank completely off. Wait 10 of 15 seconds. Then reopen the valve and check for normal operation.

Just a thought or two as to a possible cause for your no-flow problem.

Good luck in finding the problem!

Andy
Andy and Laurie
'16 F150 5.0 4X4 w/factory tow pkg
'21 RP192
"If the women don't find you handsome...at least let them find you handy!"
Red-Green
poohbill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote poohbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2022 at 5:19pm
2016 179 Gastropod
2017 Ridgeline
poohbill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote poohbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2022 at 5:27pm
Went back to Norman at State Trailer in Idaho Falls and described the problem with his new pigtail. He thought for a moment, then suggested I open the lines, wait for a moment, hook the pigtail back up, then slowly open the bottle valve. Apparently, the new pigtails have a real sensitive valve? Anyway, it worked!

He also said replacement regulators are hard to get in; that he hasn't seen one in months. So I'm very happy, settled in camp, and fully gassed!

Praise be to Norman.
2016 179 Gastropod
2017 Ridgeline
 Post Reply Post Reply