R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Water Damage Unknown Source

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote juliamathew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water Damage Unknown Source
    Posted: 07 Jul 2022 at 9:00am
Hey everyone,

I have been living in my 2014 RPod 178 full-time for a little over a year now. Yesterday I noticed water damage occurring on the wall underneath the fuse box. The water seems to be leaking from underneath the bathroom. It’s fresh water, so my guess is that part of the fresh water line to the toilet needs to be replaced, but I’m not positive. Does anyone have any ideas about what might be happening? Is that area easily accessible or do I have to take the entire bathroom apart? I’d prefer a minimally invasive procedure since I live in my Pod, but I’m also willing to do whatever is necessary to fix the leak.

Thanks!
-Julia
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 5:42am
There is a grill that can be easily removed by taking out the 2 phillips head screws.  If you are boondocking and not using a water supply do you notice your pump momentarily turning on and off at random times?  This could be an indicator of a water leak.  Are you hooked up to a water supply on your 178?  Listen for water dripping or any sounds in that vicinity that may indicate water leaking.  OR

after removing the grill get a bright flashlight and look for water that may be leaking.  Many times it has been found that the p trap connection has come loose (from the shower drain) and drips/leaks.  Tighten that and you will be good to go.  Also you will find a channel under said trap, if that is full of water grab a towel and dry it out before any more damage occurs. 
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
juliamathew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote juliamathew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 9:42am
I am hooked up to a water supply! I notice that water only seeps under the wall after I flush the toilet which is why I assumed it had something to do with the fresh water supply to the toilet. Where is the grill located? Thanks for the insight!!
Winterpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Winterpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 11:28am
Look for the grill right beneath the wet bath door
I have a 2013 178 so yours should be comparable 
Winter pod
2013 R-Pod 178
2007 Silverato 1500 LT.
Trek Stash 8 29er hard tail
Old Town Kayak
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by juliamathew

I am hooked up to a water supply! I notice that water only seeps under the wall after I flush the toilet which is why I assumed it had something to do with the fresh water supply to the toilet.

With that additional information it would appear that the seal at the base of the toilet could have failed.  Next time you flush note where the water is coming from.  If not from the base, then the part on the rear of the toilet may have a crack in it which would explain why you may only notice water during/after the flush.  That part is replaceable as well.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
 Post Reply Post Reply