R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Ceiling panels

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Rpodrrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ceiling panels
    Posted: 10 Jul 2022 at 12:01am
Rpodrrr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rpodrrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2022 at 12:07am
So today when I took the spoiler off I discovered that during construction they used foam tape. The foam tape soaks up the water and the water heads through the cracks and the gelcoat from the screws. I took the foam tape off the bottom edge of the spoiler and areas where the screws go through on the top side of the spoiler. I then used 5200 permanent caulking to seal underneath the spoiler. I also used new stainless steel screws with 5200 then covered the entire area with endurabond tape. While I have the spoiler off are used and Eurobond over the wiring hole to secure the area better from leakage. I did not use foam tape or caulking on the bottom edge of the spoiler and actually notched out small holes so water could drain out if it ever got in there again. On the underside when I replaced my ceiling I noticed the screws from the spoiler do not even go into solid wood underneath. Pretty poor construction! Anyhow my hope is to get out camping more instead of working on the trailer now that I have it all fixed up. I was able to get new ceiling panel material from the local RV sales company for $40 8x4 foot sheet and use a razor knife to cut it. With a little bit of patience I was able to get this boiler repaired and the inside insulation dried out and a new ceiling panel put in place.
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2022 at 3:23am
Looks great, thanks for posting.

Any photos of the interior work, we have other members facing similar interior repair issues?
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
Rpodrrr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rpodrrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2022 at 8:46am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12