R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Shore Power does not operate A/C

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
campman View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote campman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shore Power does not operate A/C
    Posted: 25 Jun 2022 at 11:28am
Good day.

It may or may not help you with your trailer ac but if you want to make sure you have good electrical service you can look at purchasing an epo which suits your budget while protecting your trailer.

This will help you know where your trouble lies, whether with the pole or your trailer.

There are different levels of protection and cost points, the lowest comes with over voltage protection. The next is what I use, a Hughes Power Watchdog that has over and under voltage protection and rhen the top of the line type that can boost the power in a low voltage situation.

They also assess the power at the pole being provided to ensure it is working correctly before allowing the electricity through through to your trailer....an ounce of prevention versus a pound or two of cure.

Cheers,

Andy

Andy and Laurie
'16 F150 5.0 4X4 w/factory tow pkg
'21 RP192
"If the women don't find you handsome...at least let them find you handy!"
Red-Green
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2022 at 7:38am
The Easystart does greatly reduce the a/c startup current but it does also have locked rotor and low voltage shutoff features. So one of those may be kicking in when you are on one of the pedestals. Take a look at the troubleshooting guide on the Microair website for more info

It's common for RV park receptacles to be damaged or worn out, but still show 120Vac on a voltmeter.

You can wait 5 minutes for the Easystart to reset, disconnect and reconnect the power cable, and try again. Or change campsites.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
Old Man Running View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Old Man Running Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 9:21pm
Several times when I have connected to shore power, the Air Conditioner will not turn-on.  This past weekend the problem reoccurred.  The campground owner checked his power pedestal and confirmed there was 120 volts AC.  We ran my RV power cord to an adjacent power pedestal and the air conditioner worked.  It seems like the older power pedestals are more apt to cause a problem, so the question is whether some power pedestals have internal differences that would cause this problem.  Of course, the other potential source of the problem could be within the air condition unit, which is a Coleman Mach 3 - 13.5 BTU, 48000-series.  Additionally, I have easy-start kit installed, which seems to require less power to start.  
 Post Reply Post Reply