R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Outriggers and over torsioned axle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote 106G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outriggers and over torsioned axle
    Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 8:53am
Would love to know how the factory handled the issue that TugPod experienced? Im hoping to get mine shipped back to the factory for repair this January.
Jack
106G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 106G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2023 at 7:10am
Just got my 2019 Rpod 190 back from factory. Was gone 5-6 weeks, Picked up at my home with flatbed semi, as it really was getting bad - Tire rubbing on fender on slide-out side fender. Driver hauled in back to Chicagoland w. big pickup truck. New floor, axle, and supports on slide out side. (I would call them brackets) my 2019 had a brown floor, now is white, kind of nice. Hoping all important systems will work, must have ben HUGE job to lift chassis, disconnect Everything from floor & re-install. There are some sloppy work areas, ie they didnt get plywood under bed screwed on, 1 piece stewed down crooked, 2nd piece wouldn't fit so, they didnt install any screws. Probably find other small issues that I will fix. I am just thankful they did all this for free & got back before I take a 6 week trip to Florida. I am impressed so far.. I'd post photos, but see an option to attach any? if anyone would like photos of anything, we could exchange email ID's, send me a msg. PS I am 2nd owner.
Jack
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2023 at 7:32am
Use the Full Reply Editor (icon that looks like two boxes overlapped with an arrow pointing up and right). It will give you more features among which are an option to attach pictures (icon looks like a picture in a frame). You will likely need to use an editing program like the GIMP to re-size your pictures to something like 800x600 to reduce the file size.

Congratulations on getting your 'Pod back.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2023 at 7:56am
+1 on the congrats. Great job getting them to take care of that for you! 
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
106G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 106G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2023 at 8:04am
Some photos to go with my earlier post on repaired Rpod Axle, floor, struts, etc. I was also told they re-sealed roof. Nice.
canadiandad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote canadiandad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2023 at 10:18am
Thank you for your update - really appreciate it. I finally heard back from FR Dec. 20 after submitting photos and hounding them since Sept. They said it’s on the list. I have a 2018 - 180 and they said in Dec. that they were only bringing 179s back to the factory at that time. They will get back to me with a service agreement after she hears they can start bringing 180s back.

I have floor sag issues that are getting worse.

Reading over your posts, can you please clarify when they picked-up your RPod, and when it was returned? Originally you posted Jan 2023 for return to factory, but you just wrote they had it for 5-6 weeks which means they ended up picking up in Dec?

Thanks again for updating us. Please let us know if there are other issues that have shown up after the repairs.
2018 Rpod 180 - new to us in May 2021
2011 Toyota Highlander AWD
canadiandad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote canadiandad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2023 at 10:25am
Hi Lisa,
What was your experience like? Did to go for repairs yet?

Originally posted by TugPod

Thanks to all for your helpful posts.  We will measure the Pod to help figure out what is going on but are planning to send it back to the factory.  I'll update the post once we have more information.

Thanks again,

Lisa
2018 Rpod 180 - new to us in May 2021
2011 Toyota Highlander AWD
106G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 106G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2023 at 10:44am
Sorry for the confusion on the Dates. It was picked up my a flatbed on Dec 1, 2022. And was delivered back yesterday (Dec 12) 6 weeks exactly. The pickup was delayed a few weeks because Rpod / Forrest River dropped the ball on my paperwork. The lady (Tina) that was helping me left the company. The new contact, is Michelle. All were very helpful, although I felt the need to remind them a few times checking for updates. Zach is the Service coordinators in the shop doing repairs & was VERY good with updates. The truckers/shippers (Star Fleet) were also GREAT guys. 

There a  few minor issues that I'm not thrilled about (came back with filthy exterior, even tho there was no rain or snow on the return trip per driver) , but I was SO pleased to have Rpod step up and resolve this very serious / expensive repair, especially as a 2nd owner, no need to complain. 
Fireguyinfla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fireguyinfla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 6:16pm
I have a 2017/18 R-pod 179 that had slide out side sag. Second owner. Called forest river looking for outriggers to fix myself. Spoke with Tina and Michelle.They wound up picking up my unit in Central Florida and shipped it to Indiana for repairs. They replaced the floor, axle, damaged wall panels and several other little things. I couldn't be happier! Shipped it back to me at no cost. Driver wouldn't even accept at tip. Unbelievable... my unit it like brand new.
Jeffrey Harbuck
106G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 106G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 7:03pm
Congrats, I had similar experience. Although sometimes it was hard to get a call back. In the end, I got the same new floor in the newer whiteish color which I love! They also sealed the roof & replaced the rusted stabilizer jacks at all 4 corners!

Jack
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>