R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Need Replacement Decals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote margiehardwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Replacement Decals
    Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 7:46pm
Hello campers, I have had my 2009 R Pod for over a month now and I am dying to go camping. I completely took off the already peeling decals and now I can’t find anywhere to order them. My husband says just leave it white and go camping, but I told him no, that it would look like a FEMA trailer if we left it plain. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 3:49am
Your husband is right. No one will care about decals except you. If it was me I'd leave it plain, looks less like a rolling ad for Forest River. Or maybe just place a low key pinstripe along each side.

Go enjoy camping now and worry about decals over the winter when you won't be camping anyway.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
lostagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 5:23am
We took the aging/peeling decals off our old 172 and left it as a simple white trailer.  I considered getting a decal to put on the back naming it White Cloud, but the cost of a custom decal was too high.  We camped in that plain white trailer for the rest of the time we owned it and it performed wonderfully.  Not to dismiss the importance of aesthetics, but when you're out in the boondocks camping, I doubt many pay attention to the decals.  If some decoration is essential for you to enjoy the trailer, consider finding a local artist who can work with an airbrush and you can paint whatever you like and it will last far longer than decals.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
SC for Huskers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote SC for Huskers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 9:36am
You might think about a custom job with maybe a large racing stripe in your favorite color, maybe a saying like they put on boats,  "Get-R-Done",  or a large sticker of your favorite school?  I wish my stickers were gone so I could put on a large 1960 "Cushman" motor scooter decal.
Happy Traveling,
Tom
2017 172pod
2011 F150 STX
 Post Reply Post Reply