R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Thule awning parts/replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote 7th Tenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thule awning parts/replacement
    Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 3:58pm
The factory installed 10'Thule awning on my 179 broke the right flex arm during a heavy rain. Thule does not import repair parts or a direct replacement 5200 series awning. Forest River, Lippert and dealers don't have a solution. Has anyone come across a source for repair parts or a new awning? Is there a good option in another brand? Note that I don't have channels for the slide on done option. I wish I could buy a broken Thule with a good right flex arm.
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 4:51pm
The parts look to be available from vendors in the UK if you Google it up. You might want to send one of them an email and see if they would be willing to ship to you. Ive bought hard to find parts for vehicles from Europe that way several times. They are much more accustomed to international shipping than we are.

Awnings do break frequently though so it might be better in the long run to replace the whole thing with something more commonly available here. Any awning of equivalent length should work but you might need to make some new wall mounting plates for it.

Good luck!
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
7th Tenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 7th Tenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 8:16pm
Thank you for your great advice.
icsopris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote icsopris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 4:38pm
7th Tenn,

Did you find any UK vendors? I'm not having much luck. Our awning ripped off in a wind storm. Need the pincer arm to fix it and nobody has parts or replacement here. Please post any links you've found.

Thule Hideaway is not roof mount so ya, needs custom made roof/wall plates.

Still searching for awning replacements so let me know if you found anything.

ICSOPRIS
Happy Camping
2018 rPod 179
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 6:10pm
Heres one you could try. They take Paypal so that's promising.

UK Awnings
1994 Chinook Concourse
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
7th Tenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 7th Tenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2022 at 3:14pm
Thanks, but Rose awnings in the UK does not do shipping to the US. I am still looking.
7th Tenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 7th Tenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 12:12am
I am still searching for a place to buy a spring arm for my Thule 5200 awning. Rose Awning in the UK has the part but does not ship to the US. Aussie Traveler in Australia has the part, but they insist on expensive 2-day international shipping. The cost of the part with shipping is $700 Australian (about $500 US). That seems crazy expensive to me when you can buy an entirely new awning from another brand for just a little more with parts available in the US. I wish Forest River would step up. Alternatively I hope to find a salvaged part.
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 6:15am
The other UK shop I saw was leisureshopdirect.

Based on what youre finding and considering that awnings tend to break quite often I think you will probably be better off in the long run replacing the whole system with something more likely to be available in North America in the future. Very unfortunate that the awning your pod came with is not supported by FR or Thule.
1994 Chinook Concourse
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
7th Tenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 7th Tenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 9:14pm
Against advice, I ordered a replacement flex arm for my Thule 5200 awning from aussietraveler in Australia. It arrived in about a week. It is installed and is working perfectly. At almost $500 US ($700 AUS) delivered, it was crazy expensive. The Thule picture installation instructions are a joke, but Aussietraveler was good to work with. If you are thinking of ordering flex arms, note that left and right are from the perspective of looking toward the RV and awning from the outside and not from under it looking out.
 Post Reply Post Reply