This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

New to the R-Pod life

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote devilclawz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to the R-Pod life
    Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 1:58pm
Hello all, thanks for having me.
I'm Bobby from west Texas.
Looking forward to my journeys with my 2011 177.
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 2:06pm
Enjoy, that is what we have as well.  Special ordered ours January 2011 and took delivery March 2011.  37,000 + miles later, we still love it.  Make many memories with yours and enjoy.  Did you just purchase your 177?  Are you planning on doing any work/upgrades on it?  Enjoy your 24/7 owners manual here.  I might even be able answer a few questions if you have any, seeing we have the same model and year.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
devilclawz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote devilclawz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2022 at 7:48pm
Thanks for the welcome, yes I bought it back in April. I needed one my Ranger would be cool with.
I've only been towing it just 70 or so miles to our lake place to check it out.
Soon hope to pull it from near Lubbock, TX to Tyler, TX which is about 8 hrs away. We measure distance by hours so, it's that far away at 80 mph not pulling an R-Pod.
Wish me luck on my next trip east.
Thanks
2011 R-Pod 177
2021 Ranger 4x4 2.3 Ecoboost Factory tow
Looking forward
Bobby
campman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote campman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 3:28pm
Welcome to the forum, and as jato already said there is lots of information available here via browsing or using the search function or just asking a question you need help with.

I don't know if you have trailered before so will quickly suggest you give your tires and wheel bearings a very good inspection. You also should try to find out your tongue weight as a percentage of the weight of the trailer. Tongue weight should be no less then 10%, but better at 12-15%. This is to help prevent trailer sway.

Tires need to be inspected for any visual indications of cracking, excessive/odd wear patterns, inflation pressures, also that they aren't aged out (6 years from date of manufacture), it should be stamped on the side of each tire...look for an oval with 4 numbers denoting the week of the year and the year they were made).

Okay, that is it for now. Take care and have lots of trouble free travels!

Andy
Andy and Laurie
'16 F150 5.0 4X4 w/factory tow pkg
'21 RP192
"If the women don't find you handsome...at least let them find you handy!"
Red-Green
devilclawz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote devilclawz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 7:15pm
Thanks for the welcome advice, I've towed many trailers at work and several other RV shorter trips around home over the years. I will tow the R-Pod from near Lubbock to Tyler later this week, this will be my longest trip with it. I do use a good Curt sway hitch setup. My little Pod pulls good up to up to that questionable speed we all know of, so the Ranger likes it at about 65ish. The Ranger also becomes extremely fuel thirsty as well.
Thanks again Andy
2011 R-Pod 177
2021 Ranger 4x4 2.3 Ecoboost Factory tow
Looking forward
Bobby
 Post Reply Post Reply