R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Risers for RPODS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Kahonu37 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Kahonu37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Risers for RPODS
    Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 5:45am
Does anyone have information on the RISERS that FR used to sell and the Lippert Risers.

The Lippert Risers are about twelve inches long and there seems to be an issue with the 179’s as to frame stress. Due to the frame tubing been lighter. 

Are the Risers previously provided by FR longer? Or more robust? Does FR still sell them? If so any contact number? 

I have contacted FR with question on the FR Riser kit and they refer me to the warranty department, who then refer me to my original dealer, which has a very poor service record with me. Everything they “repaired” , I had to redo and besides that we moved from the area.

I am thinking of getting the Lippert ones and having extension welded on each end with a spacer bar on top to equal the bracket thickness. This would be to spread the stress load on the frame.

I will have access to a really good welder in about a month.

I would appreciate any input

M

2018 179
2012 NISSAN XTERRA (retired 12/19)
2019 RAM 1500 WARLOCK (new)
A.R.E. V Series Topper
WDH Equalizer 600/6000
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12