This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Camping Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

EscaPOD Adventures - 2022 edition

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EscaPOD Adventures - 2022 edition
    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 6:07am
The frame and axle designs of the 179s (which were sourced from Lippert) didn't change during that period so I don't think those issues can be attributed to quality control at FR. The floor problems quite possibly can.

We need to remember that most owners never have the frame and axle problems. That means that they are low probability events, likely in the range of hundreds of thousands of miles between them. So statistically one trailer travelling 50k miles is nowhere near enough. You would need to collect data from hundreds of owners travelling tens of thousands of miles to be able to estimate the overall frequency of occurence, let alone differences between model years.

So what do engineers do to identify and correct problems when they don't have access to sufficiebt statistical data to work with? They evaluate by analysis and calculation. Which is what I did.

IOW, you have to trust the math.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
Linda&Gino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linda&Gino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 10:18am
True. As we have seen throughout history and in recent years, math and science can be used to tell all kinds of stories.

At the end of the day, it is the owner who has to determine their use case and where they are willing to compromise to reach their intended goal(s)
gpokluda
2017 Rpod R179 SOLD!
2022 Escape 5.0 TA
2022 Ford F150 4X4 EB3.5
Triumph T120 Bonneville
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GlueGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 10:34am
I also think there's a tangible difference between the various factories FR uses. I don't believe they transport new trailers over the Rockies (at least not typically), so there is probably a difference between western trailers and eastern trailers.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234