R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Antenna Amp Switch on RPOD 190

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote wb0ldj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Antenna Amp Switch on RPOD 190
    Posted: 25 May 2022 at 12:30pm
I have an RPOD 190 (2019 model), and the on/off switch and LED indicator lamp for the TV antenna amplifier are mounted on the wall in the "bedroom" area at the front of the trailer on the wall between the bathroom and the bedroom. It's very inconvenient to get to -- you have to climb on the bed to reach the switch.

The antenna (Contin.us CA-1000) is on the roof near the entry door, so I don't see the logic for putting the on/off amp switch at the other end of the trailer. The TV cable jack on the wall in the bedroom area isn't in a good location to try to mount a TV anyway.

Does anyone have an idea as to why Forest River decided to put the switch there? Has anyone moved it to a location on the wall close to the TV (near the entry door)?

I've changed just about everything else on the 'Pod, so I guess moving the amp switch wouldn't be that much more trouble!

Mike Harmon     
Mike
pedwards2932 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pedwards2932 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 2:11pm
I suspect at one time the TV was there?  One thing I found out early on is the amplifier has to be off if you are using the cable TV hookup.
Akula1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Akula1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2022 at 8:51am
I have a 2019 R Pod 190, and I had some antenna/ tv issues to get a signal. The problem I found was the cable input goes only to the amp switch in the bed area. They wired the Living area incorrectly, you have to remove radio to access the spliter. It has to have a power pass through splitter to work properly, the antenna on the input of the splitter, and the cable from the amp on the power pass thru output side of the splitter. The radio antenna connected by coax cable also to the splitter was shorting the signal. Once I removed the radio antenna coax, and correctly wiring the switch in the bed area the tv's worked.

I also got 12VDC power socket and tapped into the power for the tv amp, and the USB power and added a 12VDC by the back tv. So now when I boondock, and can plug in my 100W Inverter and watch tv.
2019 R-Pod 190
2019 Colorado LT
ReluctantTraveler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReluctantTraveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2023 at 7:38am
Hi Akula1. I always wondered why the antenna signal for the TV was so poor. What you discovered is fascinating; I never considered that FR did something wrong with that installation. I thought the signals were just too far away, which is probably the case as well.

Could you please clarify exactly what you did; how you installed that power pass-through splitter? A simple schematic or drawing would help. Where did you get the correct splitter? Did it work better without the 12VDC power socket, or was that necessary as well? Thanks for considering further assistance with this.
2019 R-Pod 190
2011 Toyota 4Runner

Be kind to everyone today!

Dennis
 Post Reply Post Reply