This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > Non-pod Discussion Forums > General non-pod discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

My R-Pod Ownership Days Wrapping Up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote PilotPodder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My R-Pod Ownership Days Wrapping Up
    Posted: 15 May 2022 at 5:19pm
Looks like my R-Pod ownership days are wrapping up in the next week or so. It's been a challenging and rewarding six years. I did end up purchasing a new Ember 191MDB recently and also own a Keystone Bullet trailer, and just can't justify keeping the 179 as it will sit indefinitely unused going forward (although carrying costs aren't prohibitive). 

I greatly appreciate the multitude of help from this group more than from any other source I've tapped over the years. I will still be on the forum occasionally, as the expertise here greatly overflows past just Pods. 

Thanks to each of you sincerely,

~Pilot Podder (JM)

Portage, MI — 2017 RPod 179 - sold / 2017 Toyota Tundra — My RPod YouTube Videos
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 6:57pm
Best wishes to you and your family John!  You have enriched many podders over the years with your sound advice and expertise; I am one of them.  Thank you.  Please keep us abreast as to your adventures and new discoveries.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
lostagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 8:20pm
John, thanks for all the great work on your videos and helping new trailer owners master the zen of trailer maintenance and use.  We made the jump to a little bigger trailer with a full bath and have had no regrets.  Ours is another Forest River product, so the quality and construction are about the same as the R-Pod, thus we've had unpleasant surprises.  

There is still much to share about travel trailers, so please continue to participate in this forum.  As others reminded me when we sold our Pod, all smaller travel trailers have much in common and there is much to share with everyone.  Enjoy your new trailer.

We just took our first trip of the season to a campground in VT and it was really nice to get back on the road again.  We're planning to explore New England and the maritime provinces of Canada this summer and fall.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 9:14pm
John,

We've shared many ideas in our R-Pod adventures. We continue with ours. I have done so much that it would be hard to move to a different model, even though I really would like a walk-around bed. I hope you will be sticking around. 

Stephen
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
JR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 7:06am
Thank you for sharing all your expertise and giving us all some very insightful ideas and information.  Hope you and your family will still being enjoying camping in the State of Michigan. 
Jay

179/2019
 Post Reply Post Reply