R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

exterior rear running lights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote fuelcell1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: exterior rear running lights
    Posted: 12 May 2022 at 1:54pm
Hi, i have a few small leds up high on the back of my RP178. Has anyone changed those bulbs? How do you get to them? Bulb type?

Thanks,
Jason
1nana2many View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote 1nana2many Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 2:20pm
A couple years ago we started noticing the the staples in our ceiling were looking a little rusty and that started us on a water infiltration search. When looking at our spoiler, we found that it was warping up away from the roof on the upper side allowing water to accumulate inside the spoiler and find its way into the roof through the hole for the electrical wiring.  We made the decision to get rid of the spoiler. When we removed the spoiler, we discovered that they had put the wires through the roof far to the right of center. We didn’t want wires showing so we had to improvise. We bought two sets of marker lights from an auto parts store. Then we had to get creative and bought a piece of roofing drip edge and attached the two light bars to it, cleaned up the old caulk, filled screw hole with matching urethane caulk and wired nd attached the new bar, applying new caulk on top and two sides but leaving the bottom open to allow water drainage in the future. We didn’t even have a burned out light bulb, but definitely thought the water seeping into our roof was a much bigger problem.  ALL that said, I will try to upload the photos I took of the underside of the original spoiler so you can see what you are dealing with. Sorry I cannot help you with light bulb replacement but this is the solution we came up with. Hope photos will be of some help.
Closeup one fixture from back
The mountains are calling and we must go...O.D., Keith & Jody
2016 RP179= O.D. (Olive Drab)
2008 Coachman Captiva
1993 Jayco 1206 popup
2016 F150 Supercrew
 Post Reply Post Reply