R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Wall/Floor fastening/assembly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
cbardy58 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote cbardy58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wall/Floor fastening/assembly
    Posted: 09 May 2022 at 11:06am
Good day all. I have a 2015 178. I bought it used last September and, though all looked fine when I inspected it, I found soft floor in the rear driver side of the storage compartment under the bed when I returned from a 2 month journey through the SW. I have gradually looked at the soft floor, starting with small sections and now have the linoleum pulled up completely in the storage. I found soft and mushy plywood, removed a small section of that, inspected the underside, which was also soft, so I pulled the styrofoam on the inside and found the underside plywood also rotting. Currently, I have a box fan and ceramic heater drying this all out. I expect I will have to perform a floor repair from the back wall up to the slide out. I intend to use luan coated with g flex for both the inside and underside. I will build some additional supports internal to the floor frame. 

I understand the walls and back are supported by the floor frame and I will have to lift the wall from the frame to repair.

My question is, does anyone know how the walls and back are fastened to the floor? I would like some idea of what I am getting into so I have proper supplies or at least have a plan for refastening the walls to the floor once I get to that point. Has anyone taken any pics of the method used to fasten walls to the floor?

Thank you all! Reading posts in the forum has been enlightening!
 Post Reply Post Reply