R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Slide Out Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
oregonkramer View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote oregonkramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slide Out Problem
    Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 12:23pm
Thanks! Looked in the inside, found threads and took it out. It had sheared off. Now repaired and no more movement.
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 7:52am
Ours originally did not have that. It was added because of the problem. It looks like it might have sheared off. Look on the inside for what looks like a washer. This is likely a speed nut. If you see threads, tighten the screw and see if it turns inside. If not, it did shear off. If it turned, then tightening the screw should pull the frame back up against the wall. It may have just loosened. This is what mine looks like on the inside.

StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
oregonkramer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote oregonkramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2022 at 12:55pm
I have a HR179 with a Lippert In-Wall Slide out. the H frame that is screwed in the outside wall in the lower back corner was pushed out causing a cap between camper and frame and the big Philips Head screw is sticking out about a 1/4 inch. It looks like it has been sheared off and is only about 3/8 long now. What does the big screw hold? I am thinking it is the motor mount or just clamping between inside and out of the H frame. The wall looks to move a little when the slide is first starting out.

Any suggested on how to trouble shoot or repair is greatly appreciated! Any diagrams of the slide or install instructions? TIA.

Photo shows frame with slide extended so no rain will get in. and screw out.

Mark
 Post Reply Post Reply