R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Rpod 2020 192 windshield

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Colonel Podder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rpod 2020 192 windshield
    Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 12:47pm
I ordered some 12mil security film. It was only $42 for enough to do both the inside and outside, so I thought it was worth a shot.
2021 R-pod 196
raschurt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote raschurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 8:35am
Looks like a good suggestion. I also have my insurance company trying to get a response from Rpod about what and when they plan to do. It was kind of nice to hear that FR won't respond to their calls either. Today will be day 8 of calling FR Rpod in Goshen to try and get help.
Rich S
raschurt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote raschurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 8:49am
I'm thinking the 12 mil film will be great. The issue is FR Rpod won't respond to me, Progressive or the repair shop about replacing the window. I actually found a storage place here in Oregon with one space that will fit my Rpod but as of yesterday, because the window is broken and I don't know when the replacement is arriving, they have to ask their owners if I can rent it due to the shattered windshield. Supposed to call me today with an answer on that issue. 
Rich S
Colonel Podder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colonel Podder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 8:55am
It's not good what you are going through. I feel your pain for you and the OP, and anyone else with this issue. Apparently customer service is non-existent with FR. Sadly a lot of companies these days have little or no customer service. Hopefully you can get resolution soon and start creating some good memories to help put this one behind you. 
2021 R-pod 196
raschurt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote raschurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 8:58am
For sure!
Rich S
raschurt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote raschurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2022 at 5:36pm
I'm beat, Rpod won't respond to two of their dealers who have tried to help us, the claims rep gets nowhere. I'm calling a local glass dealer for a custom repair tomorrow. 
Rich S
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 6:03am
Don't just put back another tempered glass window. Ask the glass shop if they can do polycarbonate or acrylic, either of those will last much longer than the tempered glass will, unless you also cover the window.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
kennedto100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kennedto100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2022 at 12:02pm
I finally received my new windshield.

It took 6 weeks for it to arrive.  I had to hound the dealer where I ordered it from to get info about its status.

I live in Texas and I tried to order it from two local dealers that were not able/willing to submit the order.
I finally was able to order from Sumner RV in Seattle.  Ask for Alicia.  253-863-5644.  She ordered it and had it sent directly to my house in Alpine, Texas.

I was able to install it myself.  It was two frames that screw together through the front of the RV.
It also is double pane.  Looks like the replacement is tempered glass as well.

I am thinking I will trade this one in and get one that does not have this issue.  I noticed on several models that one of the new features is an automotive style windshield.

Tom
raschurt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote raschurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2022 at 12:14pm
After my nasty email to Forest River about their lack of customer service, I received a phone call from Rpod in Goshen, IN. They had the replacement window in stock and it would ship within 4-6 weeks. The dealer in Oregon doing the repair was amazed (insurance claim). The following day I received an email from the "Rpod Warranty Administrator," Tina Curtis (574) 535-1546 (ext.37124) telling me that the dealers were "calling the wrong number." They should call Hope Rowlison (574) 535-2538 (ext. 37199). I'm amazed a company wouldn't keep their dealers informed of phone number changes. I'm going to apply the 12 mil film outside and inside once the new window is installed. Not going to trade this one after looking at prices. :-)
Rich S
dcouch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dcouch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2023 at 5:50pm
Thanks for posting the phone numbers for R-Pod, my front window cracked and broke into little pieces this weekend while camping in Elk City Kansas, it was fine when we went to bed but sometime in the middle of the night as far as we can tell it broke up. We could see where the rock chipped the window, about 1/3 of the way up on the passenger side of the trailer.

Lucky the inside glass was fine as we had to drive back 750 miles to Denver the next day.

Crud.
Dave Couch
Dave Couch
Lone Tree, Colorado
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>