R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Rpod 191 Slide out Failure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rpod 191 Slide out Failure
    Posted: 28 Feb 2022 at 9:58am
The red light means there is a working circuit but the fuse is blown. If there is a current draw, there might be a spark when the fuse legs make contact. That does not necessarily mean there is a short. What would indicate a short is if the fuse you were trying to insert blew when it had that spark. If it does not blow, then try the slide-out. If it blows then, you definitely have an issue to be checked out, but it still is not necessarily a short. It could be an overload.

As it is, the glowing LED is on the F6 position. Did you park the 30A fuse in the F5 position?

StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
106G View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote 106G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2022 at 8:30am
I have a 2019 Rpod 191 purchased last year & used all season with no issues. I live in the Chicago area and store it at an outdoor storage facility. The battery was bad & I removed it for storage. Recently, I installed a new, fully charged Renology AGM battery. After installing, I attempted to operate & extend the slide out, but it was dead. I checked the fuses & found a blown 30Amp fuse in the #6 location. It also had a lit Red LED. When I attempted installing a new fuse it arc'd & I did NOT attempt to secure it in place. I assume I have a short somewhere to ground?
And suggestions on diagnosing this failure? Or, does anyone have suggestions on common causes of this type of failure?

Thanks,
Jack in NW suburbs of Chicago
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12