R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

2012 rood 177 interior? Do you know?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote captdl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2012 rood 177 interior? Do you know?
    Posted: 22 Feb 2022 at 4:50pm
I need to get rear back panels replaced on Rpod 177 and I am AT an authorized dealer and they are reluctant to reach out to Forest River and don’t seem to know the name of the interior design? Brown.. some striping on bench back I think? Mostly a generic cream by bed.. sand? Cinnamon? Desert? Anyone know? Bought it from someone. Is it that hard to just source panels?? Can I confirm trim w VIN?
Capt. DL
lostagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2022 at 4:58pm
Wow, 2012 is pretty old.  It's not likely that there will be anything available.  You should try calling the R-Pod folks directly.  Though they only sell parts through their dealer network, they are pretty nice and may be able to give you the names and style designation by looking up the VIN.  They may also be able to tell you if there is any of the material you're looking for available any more.  Good luck.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2022 at 7:30pm
The VIN is probably the only way to verify the interior color.  Changes are made willy nilly it seems.  Our 2011 177 was built January 2011 and has the Serengeti decals yet I know of an owner of a 2011 177 built 2 months earlier that has the original rings on the exterior for decals.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Pod People View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pod People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2022 at 9:37pm
sending pictures to the RPod factory is probably your best best. I have the number as 574-642-3119.However, as noted earlier, parts that specialized and that old are unlikely.
It's been said many times before that"no 2 R Pods are built alike".
good luck
Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2022 at 2:49am
Even if you could match a color code the original is likely faded over time. Can you just touch up and/or repaint areas that you have?

If so, I'd suggest removing a small piece of trim from an inconspicuous place and taking it in to be matched. A good automotive paint place can match it and then tweak it to get the appearance you want. Then paint an inconspicuous spot to be sure you like the result. If not, then take a photo and back to the paint place for a final adjustment. It's an iterative process but in the end you'll get the look you want.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
 Post Reply Post Reply