This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Introduce Yourself

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote jeepers29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Introduce Yourself
    Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 10:39am
We have a sale pending.  If it falls through, I will let you know.
Markuendo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Markuendo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by jeepers29

Good morning, My name is Joel and my wife, Jennifer, will be picking up a 2022 R Pod 180, in a week or so.  We just bought a Casita and found that it is just a bit small for us and we really liked our friends 180.  Did some searching and found a new one in Ohio.  A bit of a drive from central Texas but not a biggie.  I have been camping my entire life and look forward to the new rig.  

Welcome, we looked at those as well at least online.  Where we are in Ohio they didn't have any in stock so glad you found what should work for you!!
'22 First RP 192
'19 RAM 1500 to pull it with
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 7:36pm
Ok great, thanks. Either way enjoy your new rpod!
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
campman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote campman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2022 at 4:36pm
Hello Charlie (and anyone else that reading in for the first time!), welcome.

I bought an Anderson wdh and haven't regretted it. Just follow the directions provided (as well as go over the info available on this site regarding loading your trailer safely and ensuring you have 12 to 14% tongue weight...even with a wdh).

Once it is all set up properly it is easy to attach/disconnect.

One thing we added to our wdh is some Rock Stoppers. Personal choice, plenty of people wouldn't, just adding it here in case you hadn't thought of it. I don't like my tires throwing rocks behind me as they are a fairly aggressive tread.

Another Anderson item we got and we love is the trailer leveler blocks..one piece looks like the Amazon logo, Thin at one end and thicker at the other. It works well with our electronic level indicator and getting the trailer leveled/positioned. Just carefully drive onto the tapered block and my electronic leveler tells me when I am level side to side via the app on my phone. No more jumping in and out of the truck repeatedly.

Drive safe and have a great summer!

Andy
Andy and Laurie
'16 F150 5.0 4X4 w/factory tow pkg
'21 RP192
"If the women don't find you handsome...at least let them find you handy!"
Red-Green
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123