R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

HighPointe Microwave/Convection - Event Date: 24 Jan 2022

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt086 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: HighPointe Microwave/Convection
    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 3:00pm
Utterly frustrated with quality of the HighPointe Microwave units - when we bought our new rPod 192 last year (2020) it had the EC028KD7 microwave/convection oven installed in it. My wife and I used the oven about 8 - 10 times during the next season.  It began to stay on all the time no matter what we did and the only way we could shut it down was to shut the breaker. The unit also felt very hot with a slight burning smell.  This was 2 weeks after the one year anniversary date of our rPod warranty. I called Pete's RV and was told to send the information to them(we are out of state) and he would try to get it covered by the company. He did say it probably would not be covered.  I sent the information to him and heard nothing.  I called twice to the company and he was never there.  I tried to find the manufacturer's information to attempt to get coverage to no avail.

It is now January and I am still attempting to follow up--does anyone have a similar experience and does anyone know of any contact information for the Highpointe company?  My wife and I are long-time RVers and have never met so much thoughtless behavior.  Thanks for listening to my rant!!!  Frustrated in NY.
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mjlrpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 9:45am
Not to make any excuses, but right now it's hard to get anything. Even new campers are being put together with different parts because they never know what parts they might have. So 4 of the same campers on a lot, might have different windows, doors, etc.. Is Pete's R.V. where you bought it? Cause these R.V. places suck for service if you didn't buy from them. Many suck even if you DID buy from them. At this point I think it's a matter of replacing it yourself Vs. who knows how long, and how much B.S. you'll have to go thru. 
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
Capt086 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt086 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 10:32am
I am sorry to say that I agree with youUnhappy  I will be installing a new microwave/convection in my rPod as soon as it comes out of storage---easy enough to do but still frustrated with what is happening with this poor quality HighPointe.  The positive points are that I know what NOT to buy for the future, and which dealership to NOT recommend in the future.  Thanks to all. Happy camping!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply