R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Can't reset 110 Volt system - help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote AnnetteGary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't reset 110 Volt system - help!
    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 8:43pm
Hi everyone - we are newbies camping near Pensacola. 
We plugged a small electrical hot plate into our outside 110 volt outlet. 
In a few minutes it kicked out the entire GFCI 110 V electrical system in our r pod 192, year 2021. 
It wouldn't reset, so we opened the breaker panel and saw that none of the breakers had tripped, but we turned them all off and on. Nothing changed. 
We turned off and on the shore power, tried resetting again, nothing happened. Can anybody help?  It's going below zero tonight and we can't use our little space heater ... nor can we make coffee in the AM (sigh).

Any suggestions?  we know nothing of electricity.

thanks, Annette and Gary

Annettegary
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 9:29pm
Somewhere you have a GFI that obviously tripped.  Once that happens all your outlets are dead until that receptacle is reset.  One of the 110 receptacles is the GFI that controls all the others.  Look for one with a button on it, once you push it in and reset it, all the others will be functional.  On some r-pods it is the one that the fridge is hooked up to, behind the refrigerator.  On ours it is located next to the bench seat, they are all different.  Hopefully you can easily find yours.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Colt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2022 at 12:38pm
I also discovered my GFCI will not reset to "on" until 120v is applied to the trailer.

I replaced it thinking it was defective. LOL!
John
'16 R-Pod 180
Desert Wanderer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Desert Wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2022 at 10:55am
Sounds like you tripped the breaker on the inverter itself. I did the same one time. In my unit (180) its in the enclosure behind the breaker panel. It's a stand alone unit, not the breaker panel itself.
2019 R Pod 180
08 VW Touareg VR6
SMK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote SMK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2022 at 4:06pm
I did the same as "Desert Wanderer".  Our 14 amp ceramic heater tripped all of the GFI plugs in our R-Pod 189.  The GFIs are hooked up in series. The GFI plug with the reset on our 189 is located in the bathroom, but was not working.  Normally there is an audible click sound when the reset is successful.  With a multi-meter I determined power was getting to the GFI breaker on the panel, but no power was coming to the plug receptacle (pulled it out and tested the feed wire).  The only thing inbetween the line would be the inverter.  Finding it was a bit of a challenge, in the 189 it was located in the front cargo bay behind a panel just inside the hatch door.  You have to remove the wood screws to gain access.  Sure enough there was a reset switch on the inverter that had tripped. After resetting the inverter, it was necessary to then reset the GFI in the bathroom, with the audible click being heard. Interestingly, it states on the inverter that the outgoing power is at 12 amps maximum.  So anything like a cermaic heater, hair dryer, etc is going to trip the inverter even if it is the only thing plugged in.  Luckily the microwave outlet is not a GFI so that will be the receptacle we use for the auxilliary heater from now on.  Simple fix, but two hours to figure it out!
2019 R-Pod 189
2017 Honda Ridgeline
BMW Z3 (never used for towing)
 Post Reply Post Reply