This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

New RPods price increase

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote chasl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New RPods price increase
    Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 10:18am
We purchased our 2021 RPod 196 last spring and have enjoyed it. We were able to made some modest mods, and we look forward to 2022 camping trips in it.

I was looking at the renewed stock of our local dealer, and noticed that the new RPods back in stock, and seem to be priced about 10k more than we paid for ours last March. I am surprised at the amount of the price increase, and wonder if you've noted this price increase elsewhere where you all live.

Have RVs increased this much in other brands? 
cl
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GlueGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 10:35am
Has to be partially to do with the wild increase in demand. When life gets back to normal (whatever that is), there may be a glut of lightly used RVs on the market, and the prices will come down.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 10:55am
The other problem is the devaluation of our dollar.

Post edited by moderator.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
lostagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 3:42pm
Let's be careful not to get off onto a political discussion.  We don't need the divisiveness from which the USA is suffering spilling onto this board.  We all have opinions about the merits of deficit spending and who may be responsible and if we go down that road, it will create a lot of bitterness and discord.  
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 4:20pm
+1 There are other, more useful discussions to be held.

We will be hanging on to our 179 as well as our Frontier for quite a while longer.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 4:28pm
Anyway, yes we are seeing similar price increases in our area as well with travel trailers and fifth wheels.  Doesn't matter the make or model, new or used.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 5:34pm
It's a political discussion whether it's directed at one or the other of the major parties, both, or for that matter anyone involved in politics. Best left for other venues.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
PilotPodder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PilotPodder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 5:50pm
I have been tracking a couple high volume dealers for my news stats the past couple of months and a large majority of both dealers' "new" stock are actually not stock at all but back orders. Most of the major manufacturers have large books of orders for the foreseeable future. One secondary effects is less choice for the consumer looking to buy now. This, combined with labor shortages (especially the 1.4% unemployment rate in Elkhart County IN 11/21), mean higher input costs for manufacturers being passed along. 

I am fairly convinced that used RV prices are influenced by the delta from real (discounted) pricing on new RVs. In this market, the discounting is practically nil on new units that now cost more. Of course, the bright side is that used prices have also risen significantly the past year. I am not in the camp that used pricing will decline anytime soon, unless or until things generally slow down on the new side. Of course, you can sell your late model Pod now for high dollar, but then you also have to buy a replacement trailer at high dollar, unless you are leaving the Pod/camper experience altogether or have a second trailer. ~PP 
Portage, MI — 2017 RPod 179 - sold / 2017 Toyota Tundra — My RPod YouTube Videos
David and Danette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 6:43pm
  A few months back we remodeled our bathroom and installed a new shower enclosure and had to wait few months for it to be delivered and was told there was a shortage of resin across the country used to manufacture the shower. The shortage of materials used to manufacture a camper may of driven up the price as I found out also happened when we just recently bought a bicycle. Hopefully things will get back to normal soon and manufactures will have a plentiful supply of the parts and materials they use to manufacture things like campers and bicycles.
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 7:44pm
also.. "what I paid" is no indication.. Compare MSRP to MSRP...

To put that in perspective, when we bought our 177, we paid $13.7K off the lot.. The MSRP was about $20K. Right now, getting any instock unit under MSRP is probably impossible. Doesn't mean the price has gone up, or has not.. means the "deals" have dried up.. supply and demand and all that. No doubt the cost of materials is also driving the price up some also. I recently spoke to the R-pod plant manager, and it's a nightmare up there, sourcing parts, components, and materials.. and workers.

Our current rig, we paid $37K off the lot, on a 2017 MSRP of $46K.. But it appears I could sell it for +45K today, if I was so inclined. But it's replacement would be in the neighborhood of $65K, no dealing, full MSRP, and a wait.. so.. not happening. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>