This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Wish List
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

No more Microwaves below counters.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Hardwear Hank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No more Microwaves below counters.
    Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 8:01pm
Mounting a microwave so low that the user has to get down on hands and knees to operate is crazy. Mout them above the stove.  And in the lower space add much needed drawers.
Hardwear Hank
2021-192
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2021 at 3:29am
I might be wrong but it doesn't look like there is room in that model to mount the micro above the stove and maintain safety clearances. In the smaller models it's mounted above the fridge which works fine, but then you have a smaller fridge.

In some models the whole kitchen seems to be an afterthought, FR appears to just be checking the box on the amenities list and expecting buyers not to pay attention to actual useability. That's what originally attracted us to the 179. A truly useable kitchen area. I'd much rather have than than a big dry bath that only gets used a few minutes a day. Just my opinion.
... Life is full of compromises...
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GlueGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2021 at 3:38pm
In our actual home (not the R-pod), we intentionally put the microwave below the counter so my height-challenged SO would not have to pull food out from above her head. We don't have to get on our hands and knees, just bend over a little.

In the R-pod, it's not as high as it would be if it were a microwave/exhaust fan combo.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
 Post Reply Post Reply