R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

furnace not lighting/co detector

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote texastreehugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: furnace not lighting/co detector
    Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 7:46pm
Well, it is working again. Dumb luck, idiotic persistence? I hadn't found the on/off switch previously, which enabled more rapid on/off tests than using the tstat. (thanks to bryant rv guides) I disconnected several leads, took out the electrode, tapped on the gas valve, etc.to no avail, although I did notice some change in the operation (it was running the fan longer, for example). Then I started messing around with the stereo, which led to me pulling fuses so I decided to pull the furnace fuse. I had pretty much given up but I gave it one more try. I heard a distinct click after the purge cycle and voila, ignition! Seems to work correctly, but i will keep checking over the next few days. I'm guessing at this point but maybe tapping the valve or resetting the fuse unstuck the gas valve. Thanks for all the advice!
I found the bryant rv guides here.
http://bryantrv.com/docs.html#google_vignette
2016 Rpod 182g
2022 Chevrolet Colorado 4x4
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 9:52pm
Congratulations on being persistent and figuring this out. I'm going to bookmark those guides.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
JR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 8:43am
Thanks for the Bryant RV link looks like it has some phenomenal information and with a little persistence much can be resolved.
Jay

179/2019
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12