This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Wish List
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

decent awning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote smedleyludlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: decent awning
    Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 10:29am
Projects take longer than expected, cost more than expected and will go wrong at the worst time.
smedleyludlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote smedleyludlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 10:32am
The 8' Thule awning on my 2017 RPod 176 is a bust.  It's too small, and the legs attach to the sides of the camper too low to prevent the door from hitting the awning.  No by just a little, but a lot.  And it is way too small.  A 12' awning would be much better, but it would poke out a bit from the camper on the ends.
Projects take longer than expected, cost more than expected and will go wrong at the worst time.
john in idaho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote john in idaho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 10:19am
Look up "Moon" awnings.  They even have a fitting that goes in the track.  Like virtually every awning I can think of, don't go off and leave it unattended.
DaveB1701 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DaveB1701 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 3:07pm
I bought a PahaQue visor for my 171, but with Covid related supply/labor delays, it arrived literally the day after my final trip of the season...shall see how it performs in '22...
2021 R-Pod 171
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 V6
Just me & my pooch Mr. Buster...
 Post Reply Post Reply