This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

New RPOD-196 Owner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote babor1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New RPOD-196 Owner
    Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 8:53am
We bought our brand new RPOD-196 home in June 2021. We like it a lot. We have a 2019 Colorado that tows it fine down the highway. We've had it out on a trip to Florida and back. Sure we're having some issues and I would fix them myself but it is under warranty after all. First day home the top trim fell off the slide out over the couch. Gorilla double sided tape fixed that. Stupid brad nails and staples anyway. Since we had another RV years ago we were familiar with what to expect about materials and workmanship, no surprises here. We wish the couch was a recliner but some nice fat cylindrical pillows and a foot rest work great. The black tank flush system does not work, I understand the backflow preventer may be in backwards. The rear window leaks in heavy rain, the fittings under the bathroom sink leak and damaged some particle board in the cabinet. Being a cabinet maker I may fix that myself with better wood. All in all we are pleased and looking forward to our trip to the Grand Canyon. They do require maintenance and tinkering, it comes with the territory. Riding down the road can be very hard on them. We have a good dealer so fingers crossed and once out of warranty I'll be free to do as I please.
Steve
Pod_Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pod_Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 10:25am
Originally posted by babor1

...The rear window leaks in heavy rain....

Make sure it's not a bad seal at the top of the exhaust fan above the left side of the rear window.  I'm pretty sure that was our issue on the 195 (hasn't rained since I resealed it so I'm not 100% sure).
2020.5 R-Pod 195 Hood River
2018 RAM 2500 6.4L
TheBum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 11:14am
I haven't gotten to test how my 2021 196 does with rain because the only time I had it out, it didn't rain.

I ended up adding a car lumbar cushion to the couch because the angle was giving me a backache. I have plans to buy a box-type ottoman, which will also give me a bit more storage space.

I'll also be adding a cat condo to keep my three cats busy and comfortable. It wasn't easy, but I found a couple that will fit between the right wall and the bed.
Alan
2022 R-Pod 196 "RaptoRPod"
2022 Ram 1500 Lone Star 4x4
Three cats
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mjlrpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 6:29pm
I agree with checking the vent for the hood over the stove for the leak, not the window. I thought my window was leaking, ut realized it was the hood vent. I fixed mine last year, and haven't had any leaks since.

2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
Bounder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bounder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 3:04pm
Our 2021 196 had a bad seal at the hood vent, a bad seal at the front (curved) window, and a variety of roof seals where the work was sub-par. We discovered all of these when we went camping far from our desert home - and have addressed them (we think! Wink )...
Bounder
2021 196 Hood River
 Post Reply Post Reply