R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Batteries lose power after coming home???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GlueGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Batteries lose power after coming home???
    Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:12am
My guess is that there is something up with your converter. I would double-check fuses and circuit breakers to make sure it's charging.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
brownjen View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote brownjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 9:27am
It has happened 2 times!

I have two 12v batteries hooked in parallel.

We take our R-pod RP-180 on a 2 - 4 day camping trip. Boondoggle. Don't use the lights, or radio, or water heater or water pump too much. Seem to have plenty of electric to get us thru. 

We drive 2 - 4 hours home (which should be charging the batteries). We get home and the batteries read just about what they did when we hooked up to leave our campsite. (ie 12.04 the last trip when I actually took a reading as we broke camp)

We arrive home and the batteries read 12.04. I disconnect from the tow vehicle and plug into shore power. 

Two days later we notice the LED lights are quite dim in the camper when you turn them on. Nothing is running in the camper. No fridge, lights, radio, furnace... nothing. I take a voltage reading 8.40 volts!!  

An no, the electric brake emergency cable has NOT been pulled. -- that happened once as we arrived at a campsite, so I know to look for that. 

So what is drawing down the batteries even though we are plugged in??? 

Only thing I can guess is that I BACK into our site at home, and the truck emergecy brake engages. I unplug from the vehicle and that the Rpod electric brake is somehow remaining engaged???? Seems far-fetched.

Any ideas?

Ken

Ken in Vermont
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12