Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Wish List
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Outdoor TV

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Tulefog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outdoor TV
    Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 3:14pm
I have a 2021 180 I would like a television on the small outside food table. There is a 110 plug in just need a cable infeed for the television. Then I could sit under the awning by a fire or grill and watch football. If the TV mounted on the wall indoors could be moved outside that would be great. I would trade the outdoor griddle for that.
2021 Rpod 180 2006 Ridgeline

Pod_Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pod_Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 8:35am
I run a long HDMI from my DirecTV receiver (which is inside on a shelf I installed near the TV) through the bedroom window (cracked open slightly).  We watch TV outside under the awning all the time (easy because our 195 has that external 110 outlet).  It's an inexpensive little LG TV...no need to move the existing TV, eh?

You could just as easily run a long coax cable in a similar fashion I would think.
2020.5 R-Pod 195 Hood River
2018 RAM 2500 6.4L
Tulefog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tulefog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 2:26pm
Thanks that is an easy solution and I will do that for now. It's a shame to stay inside to watch TV while the weather is nice.

Pod_Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pod_Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Tulefog

Thanks that is an easy solution and I will do that for now. It's a shame to stay inside to watch TV while the weather is nice.

And if you're running off campsite cable you could run the coax directly to the outside TV (TeleVision, not Tow Vehicle...have to be careful around this gang here).
2020.5 R-Pod 195 Hood River
2018 RAM 2500 6.4L
Tulefog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tulefog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 3:09pm
Good idea. I would have to add a splitter and second cable, she does not like to watch 12 hours of football on Sunday.

Texas RPOD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Texas RPOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 7:28am
If you cut the cord at home and get HULU, then pay a few bucks more to your cell phone provider for unlimited data, you can watch tv (same channels as at your home) anywhere in the US.  After that you can connect your phone to any tv by cable and watch without any hassles such as slow wifi at KOA's, Good Sams, et al.  I use Verizon and iPhone 12 and just so you know, you have to use an Apple lightning plug/hdmi cable.  Non-Apples do not work.
Texas RPOD
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 7:53am
Since Android is an open system there is a lot of variation in capabilities between phones. So some Android phones support HDMI out and some do not. The phone needs to support HDMI alt mode. Check first and see if your phone supports it, if it does then a USB-C to HDMI adapter should work.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
 Post Reply Post Reply