R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedJust picked up our rpod 171 :-)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just picked up our rpod 171 :-)
    Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 7:47pm
Picked up our 2021 171 in Maine last week and spent two nights at a local KOA getting acquainted.  So far, so good!  We're upgrading from a very old Coleman popup...so we have decent experience with towing, camping and hookups.   

No major issues or questions (yet!!).   But I am wondering about the television...it's already put a small rip in our screen door.   Seems like the placement is off...when it's in its "home"...it brushes against the door.  Not good.  And when it's moved to the right for storage...it's in the middle of the hallway.  Not big tv people, kind of wish it were smaller and less obtrusive.   Any suggestions are appreciated!  

We've been stalking this site for weeks pre purchase...I can see this will be a valuable asset! 

jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 2:26am
Congratulations on your 171 and already taken a shakedown campout!  Good for you, already making memories.  Cannot help on the tv issue, we ordered ours without one; rarely watch ours at home so we knew we had no need of one while camping.

You could downsize to a smaller unit or simply remove it since you state you are 'not big tv people,' just a thought.

We have greatly benefited from this forum for many years.  We see this as our 24/7 owners manual.  May you enjoy your 171 for many years to come.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Ridgerunner View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 8:17pm
A big congrats Steve!  We pick up our 190 a week from today and similarly made our reservation at a local koa to make sure all is well before trip home. 
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 8:19am
Congratulations and Welcome! I hope you have many fun adventures and make many great memories with your RPod. We have enjoyed ours very much (2016 RPod 179). We have made many extended trips with it. These are great trailers for travel and adventure. It looks like you are off to a great start.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
DaveB1701 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 7:14am
I agree on the television issue...it's like they had to stick it somewhere in the 171...I would've paid another 100 bucks for some kind of swing-down mount from the ceiling above the dinette.  Or as is, a three or four inch smaller TV.  I've had my new 171 out on three trips this summer, and the wall behind the TV already has a couple of scrapes in the finish.  Also banged my head on the dang thing a couple times exiting the Pod...
2021 R-Pod 171
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 V6
Just me & my pooch Mr. Buster...
 Post Reply Post Reply