R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

roof cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: roof cleaning
    Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 1:09pm
anyone have a suggestion for a good product to clean roof on 2021 rpod 196. I wondered about using a pressure washer?
Lisa Paul Jennings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lisa Paul Jennings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 3:12pm
I need to clean the roof on my new 195 but I am reluctant to walk on it even though there is a ladder to access the roof.  Anybody have advice?
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 3:20pm
I would be careful using a power washer around your dicor areas (around your A/C, vent stack, and antenna) so as not to cut a hole or force water down an area that has already been compromised due to sun and weather conditions.

If you are looking for quick and easy the following is not for you but I have done this 1x/year since taking ownership of my 177 ten plus years ago.  I use clay bar and spray a simple soap solution (dawn works great) in front of the circular motions when using the clay bar.  It will take care of oxidation and simple road grime and the like.  If you have something more difficult to remove such as tree sap then I would preclean that with a product that will remove it with ease such as a road tar and bug gel remover.

It takes me a good two hours to clay bar the entire 177.  I then finish it up with a coat of MeGuiars ultimate or ceramic wax.  The results are worth it, a baby butt smooth finish and glossy finish that is showroom appearance. 
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 3:24pm
I have walked on mine for 10 years w/o incident.  Use a good pair of clean tennis shoes that have good grip.  Most of the roof I can reach via a ladder on either side.  Make sure the surface is dry that you are walking on and be careful, otherwise if that isn't your cup of tea than use an extension ladder and lean it against the side of your 195.  You should be able to clean/reach most if not the entire roof with that method.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Hunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 4:33pm
   Thanks for the input and suggestions for the roof. I also walk around on mine and while there is some give I have not seen any damage. Just don't get up on it when wet! 
  On another subject I still have not been able to figure out what my 1000 watt inverter is doing on the camper. When off shore power none of the 110 plugs are hot. I know what an inverter does and use one with an extra battery for my cpap but do not understand what the inverter is powering on the camper. The fans and lights and water pump are on battery power dc and  the frig,hot water, and heater run off propane?
JR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 6:29pm
If you are talking about the "thing" that is in the WFCO breaker box it is a converter not an inverter.  If you have a newer Rpod that has an installed "solar system" an inverter should be wired in the system from the factory then I am not familiar with the setup, but I would suggest looking for an off/on switch for the inverter which should energize the outlets.  An inverter should not constantly be energized because it will use up a lot of energy from the batteries if left on all the time.  Hope this helps.
Jay

179/2019
Hunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 8:56pm
 Thank you Jay. I think you have answered my question. It is an inverter and it is in the front storage passthrough. There is an on off switch which I do not think is working. I guess it is in the off position . This is a 2021 -196. and does have a solar system. So the problem is in the switch which apparently was broken when I bought the camper. Thanks again. 
JR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 7:09am
Is there a remote control panel for the inverter operation and readouts maybe mounted on the wall near the other electrical switches like the water pump and level indicators for the black, gray and fresh water tanks?  If that is the case the inverter's off/on switch should be left in the on position and then you control the operation of the inverter from the remote controller, like turning it off and on.  Hope this makes sense and it works of you.
Jay

179/2019
Hunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 8:21am
  I have not seen a separate control panel for the inverter where the switches are for the pump, water heater. There is a panel that indicates when the batteries are charging with different settings but no control there. However there is and on and off switch beside the bed that is connected to the inverter. I pulled it apart and know it is connected but does not seem to switch it on and off. I am not sure what position is on an off  because the light is on always on the switch. However none of the recepticals are hot so I assume this means the inverter is not turned on. I appreciate your thoughts on the matter. I am going to order another switch and swap it out and see if this helps. 
JR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 11:39am
Hunter,  go to the inverter itself and make sure that if there is an on/off switch on the inverter that it is in the on position.  Using the remote switch by the bed will only work if the switch on the inverter is also on.  Hope this helps.
Jay

179/2019
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>