R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

roof cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: roof cleaning
    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 8:38am
  Thanks Jay . I had decided to do exactly what you suggested as I had never checked to see if the actual inverter is turned on. Plan to do this today. Will let you know what I find. I appreciate your helping me to think this through.  Couches RV nation did not give me a very thought orientation to the camper and I have found myself slowly figuring out and learning about allot here. 
Hunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 3:27pm
   Well your suggestion worked. I checked the inverter in the storage bay and turned it on. I then went to the switch and turned it on and the recepticals are now hot when I am off shore power.  Thank YOU so very much !! I had not thought about seeing if the inverter was on because of the light on the switch inside the camper thinking it was on and the switch was not working. Feel kind of silly but am very grateful for the help. Hunter
JR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 3:33pm
Glad to pass on some information that I learned the hard way...you know by replacing the switch and now I have 2 switches that work.  Glad it worked for you.
Jay

179/2019
Hunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 4:13pm
  Yes I was going to swap the switch and order a new one for 125.00. You saved me this. Thank YOU again . When YOU clean the top of the camper is there any product you us that you like?
JR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 4:20pm
I just clean the sides with a product called ProtectAll and it seems to do the job and as far as the roof I have 4 - 100 watt flexible solar panels mounted on the roof so I just hose them off with water.  Seems to do the job for me.  Hope this helps.
Jay

179/2019
Colt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Hunter

anyone have a suggestion for a good product to clean roof on 2021 rpod 196. I wondered about using a pressure washer?

I used Mold Armor House wash bought at Ace Hardware and a long handled brush.  I thought it did a good job and I didn't worry about pressure damaging anything.

John
'16 R-Pod 180
Hunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 7:42am
  Thanks. I will try these products . My concern is that I do not want to damage the rood material and cannot find what they recommend to clean with. 
Mooree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mooree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2022 at 7:05am
Camco's RV roof cleaner works much better than any other cleaner/oil conditioner. It does a great job of removing substances that normally stick to the roof, like tree sap, dirt, bird droppings, etc. This product includes both a cleaner and a protectant, which is a feature that I love. It avoids the hassle of trying to find a protectant after purchasing a cleaner.
ciprob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ciprob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 10:28am
RPod 196  2021.   Owner since 09/2021.
Going to clean roof with dawn and hose down.
Bought a Werner scaffolding set to get up 5 feet to access top without stepping on roof.  I'm 72 and don't want to ladder it to get on.  I'll update after the cleaning day. Thanks for the forum.  
Flagler Beach
Winterpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Winterpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 10:55am
Different question I had the dreaded front corner lamination yesterday while on the road. I still have 3or4 hours traveling to get home. It’s all highway. I can’t do the repairs where I am at.Do you think I can secure it enough with duct tape to limp on down the road.thanks for any support 
Winter pod
2013 R-Pod 178
2007 Silverato 1500 LT.
Trek Stash 8 29er hard tail
Old Town Kayak
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12