This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Dealer Reviews and Comments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

FR Customer Service

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Unalaska15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FR Customer Service
    Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 8:41pm
Does anyone have a good address or contact to make a complaint...something higher than Customer Service
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 8:20am
I guess you could try writing Warren Buffett at Berkshire Hathaway. Other than that, you would still need to deal with Forest River. How about posting details of your issues here? You might find some answers that would be helpful.

Welcome to the forum. 
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 11:59am
+1  When I contacted customer service last August 2020 they were more than helpful in getting to me a new Dometic RM 8501 fridge.  Certainly I had to be patient and wait to get the product but they worked with me, even allowed me to order directly from them instead of a dealer, saving me $ 400 and also picked up the shipping, saving me even more - I was quite pleased!
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Unalaska15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Unalaska15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 7:11pm
Basically, I just would like to vent about their service. Our RPod was delivered with a massively damaged roof, hastily patched at the fabricating site. We noticed it by accident a week after receiving delivery. They shipped it back to Ohio but for the next few MONTHS we were ghosted as far as communications. There is much more....just thought the higher ups should know
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 7:36pm
The higher ups do know. Not Warren Buffett of course, he's too high up on the food chain and not directly involved in FR management.

But FR senior management does know. The quality and customer service culture in an organization is set from the top by example, not from the bottom.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
RFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 8:50am
Unfortunately this is not unique to FR.  My pod was stuck in Southern AZ for almost 3 months with the slide stuck out and no way to get it in other than to wait for a control panel from Lippert. The service place that I was working with would never give any updates, wouldn’t go out of their way in the slightest to try to expedite, basically blew me off.  When I called extended warranty company to find out if I could get the part on my own, they said that they had been told JOB COMPLETE 5 weeks earlier. When I called the service place out on that, somehow this part that I had waited 8 weeks to get magically appeared at the shop at 7 the next morning! I get that they are busy. I get that parts are hard to come by, though I could have gotten a NEW one from Lippert by ordering on Amazon and had it in 2 days. I don’t get why they can’t give a straight honest answer to a direct question.  When I made the 18-hour RT voyage to retrieve my pod the guy asked for my name. I said I’m the bitch that calls twice a week to never get an answer. He said “you’re not a bitch. I think you’re just tired of the BS.”  Even the flunky knows that he’s slinging crap while being expected to take the angry calls and not give any answers. That is literally his job. Answer the phone and tell people “it’s not ready.  We’ll call you when it is.”  He can’t even use the computer. He just answers the phone. I hope they pay that guy what he’s worth to shield the service manager from the angry mob. 
~dani~ 2019 RP180 purchased 5/15/21; towed by 2014 Willys Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
 Post Reply Post Reply