Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Dealer Reviews and Comments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedChippewa Valley RV - Event Date: 07 Jan 2021

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Chippewa Valley RV
    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 2:04pm
Wisconsin...was in with my '11 Coleman PUP trade-in @ 9 A.M. & out with my '21 171 Pod by 10:15...I advised I had already watched a YouTube vid (about 10 times) of a '21 171 walkthrough prior to pick up, so they didn't bore me with a redux.  I had all papers I needed at the ready, as did the salesman (thanks, Chris!)

Only 'dig' is I STILL haven't received my plate/registration from WI DMV - 3 weeks now.  Called them following my shakedown trip, and was told the guy that handles their titling & registration is on vacation after his wife had a baby...
2021 R-Pod 171
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 V6
Just me & my pooch Mr. Buster...
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 2:10pm
As long as they let you use temporary tags, that isn't too awful bad. Hopefully, they will get the message and get someone working on the backlog until the regular person gets back.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 2:40pm
The reason to take the time for a walk through, inspection, and operational check when you buy a new trailer isn't so you know how to operate it, it's to be sure it all works and find any flaws you want fixed before you take delivery. If you haven't found any issues since you bought it, you are lucky, most folks do.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
DaveB1701 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by offgrid

The reason to take the time for a walk through, inspection, and operational check when you buy a new trailer isn't so you know how to operate it, it's to be sure it all works and find any flaws you want fixed before you take delivery. If you haven't found any issues since you bought it, you are lucky, most folks do.

Don't get me wrong - I didn't just sign the paperwork, hitch up, and go.  I did a go 'round, up, in, & under.  Simply didn't want the dissertation on operation of appliances, HVAC, setup/takedown, etc.  Yeah, I took their word that everything was functional...filed a warrantee claim when I discovered one of the fridge vents was warped along the trailing edge, negating the effectiveness of the bug screens I installed.  But shakedown trip a week into ownership proved all is good.  And, in the current market, if you really want it, GRAB IT, or someone else will, and worry about the nit-picks later...
2021 R-Pod 171
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 V6
Just me & my pooch Mr. Buster...
 Post Reply Post Reply