This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedYay Me!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yay Me!!!
    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 4:46pm
Out of curiosity, is it a 2021.5 or a 2022? I'm trying to get a handle on whether 2022s are being produced yet because I have a 2022 196 on order. All the dealers online that list the 2022 haven't actually gotten them on their lots.
Alan
2022 R-Pod 196 "RaptoRPod"
2022 Ram 1500 Lone Star 4x4
Three cats
Dirt Sifter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 8:25pm
Congratulations on your choosing an RPod. Let us know how it went removing the decals. I have a couple I'd like to get rid of.
Greg n Deb 2020 195 HRE
'07 Tundra 5.7L., '17 Tacoma 3.5L. Both with tow packages
1 Puggle, 1 Chihuahua support staff
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2021 at 7:45am
A fine choice - R-Pod and a 171 another nice floor plan.  Enjoy your camping experiences and make a lot of great memories with it this year.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
DaveB1701 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 11:01am
It is titled as a 2021, as stated manufacture date 6/10 - still smells like a lumberyard inside, and I had to vacuum up some sawdust from the floor.  And yeah, as far as what's 'on the lots' out there I just happened to be at the right dealer website at the right time.  He told me they received two 171's - the first didn't sit on their lot for a full day, and they were contacted by another party 1 1/2 hours after I put down payment on mine.  Got REALLY lucky.

A couple of additional notes.  The HVAC controller came with a remote - wasn't expecting that after watching the excellent 'Princess Craft RV' 2021 171 walkthrough video on YouTube.  The wheels/tires are produced by a company called LionsHead, which appears to be U.S.A. production, or am I wrong?  5 year warranty on the tires.  Upon inspection following the drive home, a front window blind mount screw had pulled out from the panel -- I screwed it back in, but didn't seem to grab anything substantial.  Shall see how it holds up on battered upper midwest roads.  Finally, there was a toilet paper roller included, but with a wetbath, there is no mount for it...Embarrassed
2021 R-Pod 171
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 V6
Just me & my pooch Mr. Buster...
Colt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 12:38pm
Due to size and shape, consider naming it after the "Galileo" Type 7 shuttle pod.

It's even nerdier. 😀
John
'16 R-Pod 180
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 8:37am
I got some grapics made for my boat, nothing fancy, just my reg number, but it was easy to do. Simply write out what you want, and how you want it, and it comes a couple weeks later. Good quality sticker too. Since it's made for boats it will resist water.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089NWWDWJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
DaveB1701 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 1:16pm
Four day, three night 'shakedown' camp trip starts tomorrow right after work.  Was disappointed that the BAL tire leveler used with my PUP doesn't fit under the tires on this -- acquired a set of 'lego block' levelers which outta be a hoot doing solo, if needed...Also haven't received my license plate from the DMV, now overdue the seven-to-ten day estimate.  Will have my purchase contract ready to present to Mr. Officer if/when I get stopped.  Otherwise pretty much loaded, ready to hitch-up, grab the pooch, & GO!

By the way, if you have a 2021 with the hexagon graphics & dinette stitching, here is a nice, 'nearly matches', runner for the floor:

2021 R-Pod 171
EchoGale View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 4:33pm
I have a set of these and I love them. Easy-peasy. https://www.campingworld.com/curved-leveler-wheel-chock-108993.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign=%7bCampaign%7d&gclid=Cj0KCQjwraqHBhDsARIsAKuGZeEv8pNh94Om1QQbD7j28N7N6Qm_5nkwE7Cx_0LNt3jBD8GelZp50z0aAlzDEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Julie
DaveB1701 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 8:46am
Back from shakedown trip.  Needed to snug down several screws that the build crew apparently didn't see fit to drive home - including latch catch for screen door to main door...sloppy.  Stock mattress is HORRIBLE and will get replaced next season - dog loved it but my lower back was screaming at me after two nights.  Tires are MADE IN CHINA and will get replaced next year with Goodyear's.  All appliances performed well - A/C, furnace, fridge/freezer, microwave...I give Dometic high marks for their A/C and refrigerator quality.  Eight interior lights are overkill, unless you're wearing sunglasses, most I used was two during the dark hours.  I peeled about 20 little WARNING/CAUTION/NOTICE stickers from stuff - all came off clean, except for the ones on the wheels - GRRR... towed effortlessly, and a downpour on the final evening was uneventful.  Overall, so far, a B grade.
2021 R-Pod 171
Rpod-Couple View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 9:21pm
Congrats on your new 171. We are first year R-pod 171 owners too. Had the same experience with loose screws and sawdust, plus a couple electric wires that popped loose I had to chase down.

We added a 2” RV a queen foam topper to our mattress for $52 from Amazon. That improved our sleep tremendously. 

Good luck with your future trips!
Steve & Elaine
2021 R-pod
2023 VW Atlas Cross Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>