R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DC outlets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Shoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DC outlets
    Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 4:58pm
Not sure how this works, since this was an older post. But I have read where people have put DC outlets into their pods. The idea of using the space above the stereo appeals to me, there's a good mounting spot there. My only concern is Tying into the stereo power. I believe it has a 15 amp breaker. I want to add an outlet that includes two USB charging ports and a voltmeter for the system and one car charging style outlet. The most I would ever plug into the outlet is about 65 watts. Running the stereo/dvd player at the same time that I use the outlet might be asking too much of that one fuse. What do you think? 2016 Rpod 180
Ben Herman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ben Herman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Shoes

Not sure how this works, since this was an older post. But I have read where people have put DC outlets into their pods. The idea of using the space above the stereo appeals to me, there's a good mounting spot there. My only concern is Tying into the stereo power. I believe it has a 15 amp breaker. I want to add an outlet that includes two USB charging ports and a voltmeter for the system and one car charging style outlet. The most I would ever plug into the outlet is about 65 watts. Running the stereo/dvd player at the same time that I use the outlet might be asking too much of that one fuse. What do you think? 2016 Rpod 180

I did exactly that with our 179 without any problems. I put a double usb wall plate next to the TV, tied into the power that runs the sound system. I. built a  small shelf to hold our two iphones while charging. I put a digital readout voltmeter next to the door, tied into the dc power board. That way I can monitor the dc voltage from outside of the trailer just by looking inside the door. 
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 9:38am
+1 I did the same plus changed to a 12V TV. I ran 2 small fans, the TV, the stereo. and charged a phone all in that circuit. No blown fuse issues.

Remember that the fuse is there to protect the wire. If it blows it's doing its job, it's only a problem if you don't have a replacement fuse. If you ever did blow a fuse. just replace it and reduce current consumption on that circuit.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123