R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DC outlets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Rodg Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DC outlets
    Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 1:52am
I have a 2017 179. It does not have any DC outlets. Can anyone recommend a good spot for placement. Where did you tap into the wires, and how did you access those wires. The easiest spot I am considering is behind the TV which can be accessed by taking out the stereo. Thank you for your suggestions.
ronahue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ronahue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 3:44am
Remove the inside wall of the upper cabinet by the entrance door you can place a DC/USB outlet there and tap into the power at the one of other switches. That's what I did. 

Ron & Sharon
2015 R-Pod 179
2022 Nissan Frontier

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message but a billion electrons were really agitated
lostagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 8:17am
I've put in two; one in our 172 and one in our Sonoma.  Each time I was able to route  a short run of wire from the distribution panel's 12v side to the destination with the wires concealed behind the wall.  I used 14 gau. stranded wire.  I connected the wire to a little used circuit with a 15 amp fuse.  Here's what I installed:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P5MZ111/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
Pod People View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pod People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 8:24am
We also have a 179.  I  have added several Dc outlets
I added one on the front of the bed at floor level. I snaked a wire from the power center under the bath floor and  made a junction box under the bed. from there, I can access the area over the wardrobe or  add more wiring to go anywhere under the bed area.
I added one above the tv
I connected the wiring into the power panel and have fused the connection.
Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
TheBum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 11:20am
I mounted DC outlets (accessory and USB) and AC outlets for my inverter on the wall where the TV mount attaches. I ran a dedicated circuit under the shower, behind the drawers below the wardrobe and up into the space behind the stereo. My inverter is mounted in that space too.
Alan
2022 R-Pod 196 "RaptoRPod"
2022 Ram 1500 Lone Star 4x4
Three cats
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 11:55am
Check my mods and you will see where I installed DC outlets.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Ben Herman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ben Herman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 5:22pm
I added a double outlet behind the tv and added a small shelf to hold our iphones for charging. I just spliced into the power feed for the stereo (which we rarely use in any event).
Rodg Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rodg Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 7:33pm
Thank you everyone for responding. It is appreciated. I definitely have some outlets to install. 
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 8:54am
If you pull out the audio box you can tap the 12v supply to it and feed it out through the adjacent wall. Easy to do and already fused at the panel.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
TheBum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 10:59am
Originally posted by offgrid

If you pull out the audio box you can tap the 12v supply to it and feed it out through the adjacent wall. Easy to do and already fused at the panel.

Be careful not to overload the circuit. I ran a dedicated circuit so I could make sure I had the wire gauge and fusing necessary to handle the load.
Alan
2022 R-Pod 196 "RaptoRPod"
2022 Ram 1500 Lone Star 4x4
Three cats
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>