Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closednew member - Event Date: 20 May 2021

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: new member
    Posted: 20 May 2021 at 8:10pm
We purchased a new R192 last July and are just getting around to joining the forum. We live in Fort Myers Florida and we have 9 trips so far, exploring our state first, from Everglades NP up to Paynes Prairie SP. We have done some mods and I will try to post them soon. Look forward to communicating with fellow Pod campers. 

campman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 8:40pm
Hello and welcome to the forum! Plenty of information and help here.

I look forward to when you post about your 192...we are getting closer to the day when ours rolls of the line. As they are a new model, not a lot of info available by owners so far.

You wouldn't mind sharing how high your trailer hitch sits when the trailer is level? To the top of the hitch where the top of the ball would sit...I am trying to get my hitch on my truck set up for when I go get ours. Thanks and have a great summer!

Andy

Andy and Laurie
'16 F150 5.0 4X4 w/factory tow pkg
'21 RP192
"If the women don't find you handsome...at least let them find you handy!"
Red-Green
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 9:18pm
Welcome Pathfinder22 to your 24/7 owners manual.  We have greatly benefited from other members on this forum.  Ask, and you will receive a great answer and help as well. 

9 trips . . . impressive.  We just finished our first in northern Michigan.  Enjoy your 192 and make a lot of great memories!
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Pod People View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 9:29pm
Welcome.
We just spent 2 weeks traveling in Florida-what a great place to camp. We paddled our canoe, rode bicycles, snorkeled, bird watched, hiked and more. You live in a great place for exploring.
Enjoy tour pod,
Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
Pathfinder22 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2021 at 7:06pm
Will do, I don't know when I will get back to the camper as we store it and hour and a half from home. I will measure the tongue height for you. Congats on your purchase, you're going to really like it. No camper is "perfect" but for us the 192 is close. 
campman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 9:42am
No worries here, it is a "nice to know ahead of time" request. We are trying to be patient as we wait for our trailers delivery.

So how have you gotten around the issue of no drawers being installed for cutlery etc? My wife has ordered a type of drawer system that screws in under the dinette table x2. They should mount and then they pull out when you need something from them. Now we wait and see if they work the way we want.

We also wonder if we need to get a little bbq or if the bush kitchen will work. Or does it take up too much precious storage room for the long trips we are planning for this summer (our first grandchild is expected July 2nd).

Ah, the excitement of the growing pile of trailer specific items still slowly growing in our basement...!

The road awaits and we must go...

Andy
Andy and Laurie
'16 F150 5.0 4X4 w/factory tow pkg
'21 RP192
"If the women don't find you handsome...at least let them find you handy!"
Red-Green
Pathfinder22 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 8:07pm
I'll admit we are disappointed there was no "silverware drawer" in the 192. We bought a bamboo silverware organizer at BB &Beyond and I bought drawer sliders at home depot and attached it to the top shelf under  the sink, slides out to access everything. (could'nt find a pic). Also we have the factory outdoor kitchen, its just a plastic sink and 2 burner stove. Didn't really want it but it was in the camper and we got it basically free (long story). Now that we have it we use it all the time. We purchased a "Lodge Griddle" that fits over both burners well and works really good. I added a sliding cutting board for more cooking area, same principle as the silverware drawer. 

Ron & Lora
 Post Reply Post Reply