R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Trouble with door, sagging wall

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jato View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trouble with door, sagging wall
    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 6:45pm
Cannot comment on the slide or tire issue.  Our 10 year old 177 has not had those issues. 

On the door however the question is this:  when you put your stabilizers down do you ever try to level your 189 with them or when they touch the ground just give them another 1/2 to 1 full turn.  Have seen this happen more than a few times when individuals try to use the stablilzers to level their pod, this will cause the problem you describe to occur.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
LB Boozer View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote LB Boozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 4:48pm
We purchased our 2019 (June 2019 production) 189, used in October of last year and have spent the last seven months on a number of short and a couple week long trips.  We are enjoying the rig quite a bit and have done a few modifications and upgrades as well as repairs of factory installed items.  (The original owner used it once in the 9 months he owned it and didn’t even use most of the features).  Additionally, I have learned a lot by spending endless hours reading old posts on the forum and beefing up the r-pod “problem areas” identified on this forum.  

Today I was really taking a good look at the wall on the slide side and noticed a slight sag.  Can only really see it when really looking for it and a straight edge only moves about a cm when on the lowest point.  That being said, I can feel, and barely feel a slight bulge (vertical, feels like a stud) right over the top of the sag, which is directly under the farthest forward entry point of the slide.  I am trying to track down the outriggers, but have not heard back from FR and dealership was no help.  Assuming I can get the outriggers, I assume that this should keep it from getting worse, but not sure at what point it is too late to stop.

Additionally, I have had some issues with the door from the beginning.  It works fine sometimes and gets stuck on the strike plate at other times.  I always level within 1* using my phones bubble level and can’t seem to figure it out.  Sometimes it sticks and leaves the screen inside closed other times they both come out together (even though it was latched when closed).  Sorry for the rambling, just wanted to see if anyone has any ideas on where to go next.  My biggest concern is that there is an issue with the passenger side wall moving as well.  

One last thing, how off-center on the frame are your R-Pods?  I was sitting there looking for any issues in the wall and noticed that the driver side tire sticks out past the fender and the passenger side is tucked into the fender.  Took a tape to it and the distances from frame to the end of the floor are (6 1/2 - pass. 7 1/4 - driver).  Looks like it is only offset 3/8” but makes a noticeable difference on how much the tires stick out (or don’t) of the fenders.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12