R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

202 Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Jailerlt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 202 Review
    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 4:39pm
We are currently 180 owners but thought it was time to expand by 5 feet. know this is an odd time to ask about reviews but we just ordered a new rPod 202. Are their any other 202 owners in this group? If so what are your thoughts, especially the unit with the sofa in place of the dinette?
mcarter View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 6:37pm
I was in discussion with a member on another forum, reference his purchase of a 202.  You don't mention your TV and I assume you are ok with your present TV.  The 202 in the Pod world is BIG.  It's taller, longer and heavier.  I recommended to him a 7000 lb capable TV was not sufficient.  You look at the ULV weight, capacity and tongue weight, this trailer is far from ultra light.  My only advice is choose a TV that meets the demand. IMHO
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
lostagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 9:03pm
+1 to mcarter
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
RFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 8:17am
Thank you for this post - I’m dying to get a 202 and am willing to get a new TV to accommodate. I say all of this and then follow with a big fat HOWEVER ... with pandemic I have noticed quality of goods has significantly decreased. Home construction, trailers, cars, just general “stuff” seems to be slapped together just to get it out the door. Anyone else have the same experience?  I have decided to not purchase anything “major” that is a 2020 or 2021 construction date, and may even sit through 2022.  We got our 2019 180 in May and this should give us time to really decide what we like, what we are looking for in our glamping experience, and/or what the weak parts are in overall construction and design. Cry
~dani~ 2019 RP180 purchased 5/15/21; towed by 2014 Willys Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
 Post Reply Post Reply