Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Dealer Reviews and Comments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPoulsbo RV

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Poulsbo RV
    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 9:09pm
We purchased our RPod-195 from Poulsbo RVs Sumner WA dealership at the end of January 2021.
Our expectations were met, but we set out expectations by doing lots of research, including this forum. Here were our expectations:
* we would have to pay more than usual because of the coved demand. (Despite this we got them to drop the price by 15% but only because we found the identical trailer with lower price 250 miles away and were willing to walk away if they wouldn’t drop by 15%)
* the purchase experience would be like buying a car (it was).
* they would try to get us to buy extended warrantee, expensive super “wax”, and overpriced WDH (we declined all).
* the goods they sell in their store would have a 3x markup (we bought our accessories from Amazon).
* the mandatory pre delivery unsupervised PDI by their staff would have undiscovered issues (they missed plenty. Thankfully we demanded an extra hour of personal inspection and we found issues which they fixed).
* the trailer was going to have some issues that would require fixing (it did, including a dead inverter. We refused to take delivery and hand over final payment until all issues we found were fixed. There were still problems on the 2nd inspection which they fixed on site).
* we expect to find more problems in the coming month (I will only take it to them for warrantee if it’s something I can’t inexpensively fix myself).

I also kept in mind that Forest River has bigger demand, pandemic issues impacting their staff, and parts shortages and quality issues from their third party suppliers, all of which are outside the dealer’s Control. And FR’s dealer reimbursement for warrantee issues is much less profitable then their regular shop work (which probably will put any warrantee work we submit at the back of the line).

If you set similar expectations, I think Poulsbo RV will meet them, maybe exceed them.
R & M
2021 R-Pod 195
1999 Ford F250 SD
jato View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 6:55am
You were wise in setting up the parameters you did BEFORE purchasing.  Good for you.  We had a similar experience when we purchased our 177 back in January 2011 from Hilltop RV in Escanaba (U.P.), Michigan.  Although we never had any issues or problems that needed to be fixed, the individual that did the 'walk through' spent a good 2 + hours with us and then went over a second time a few key issues that he wanted to make sure we understood how everything worked.  We were impressed.  Glad to hear your purchase went well.  Welcome to the forum!
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
 Post Reply Post Reply