R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed“New” style inverter for 2021?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: “New” style inverter for 2021?
    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 7:08pm
Hello from coming R-Podders,
A couple days ago we did a PDI of our 2021 RP-195 and despite all the YouTube videos about R-Pods we watched before hand, the inverter located in the ceiling of the under-bed pass-through caught me by surprise. I had thought the inverter (for producing 115ac from the 12v dc Battery), was integral with the shore power battery charger “converter” inside the fuse panel. 

It turns out the inverter wasn’t working. The parts department said it was a new model of inverter just recently used in the RPs recently on their lot. I failed to note the mfg/model, but it has an on/off switch, and an LCD display mounted upside down in the pass through where you have to crawl in to read the display. Mine is also very loosely mounted causing plenty of waggle on the road I imagine (perhaps the cause of failure). of A small Remote on/off switch Panel is by the bed.

Is this indeed a new inverter to the RPs? Is it common for these to be DOA?
Thanks,

R & M
2021 R-Pod 195
1999 Ford F250 SD
Dirt Sifter View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 7:36pm
All I can reference is our first generation 195 came with the inverter inconveniently located behind a panel under the convection range.  To access it 4 screws have to be removed and the panel pulled away if it doesn't fall off. But it is better than yours. The power switch is conveniently located below the drain board. The inverter rests loosely on the floor of the fairly tight compartment.
Greg n Deb 2020 195 HRE
'07 Tundra 5.7L., '17 Tacoma 3.5L. Both with tow packages
1 Puggle, 1 Chihuahua support staff
 Post Reply Post Reply